5 Spd Lsd possible option

The ring height offset / height is also different - based on your pic - unless there is significant distortion in the photography?

No your correct that is a difference you can see the punto gt mounting surface is recessed where as the x ring gear just sits on.

It says it fits the 128style box which is what we run with a modified crownwheel though. It's a little confusing that because it confirms it then says it won't work perhaps it's reiterating it won't work as a straight swap.

When you say "fits the 128 style box which is what we run", are you referring to the standard 5-speed X 1/9 box? Just making sure I'm with you this time, following my prior error identifying the X trans. By the way, searching on-line I was not able to find the actual code or identifier for the X's 5-speed trans. I'm sure X-web has it listed somewhere?

It will be interesting to see if Bacci offers specific mods to the 128 crown wheel / ring gear to work with this. Seems it would be easier to modify a production part than have a custom item built.

Should everything eventually become verified and proven to work with this concept, it would be ideal to establish a 'plan' with the appropriate part numbers, year/make/model ID's, detailed modification requirements, etc, etc all spelled out for idiots like me. :)
Thanks

Yeah the 128 style is the early bottom shift box that's in the x19,128 mk1 uno turbo etc. There are slight differences between them like different shafts and things some run needle roller bearings others the normal bushes.

Lol I'm not sure how I've managed to make myself a leader in something I don't need but anyway. Bacci still haven't replied i'll keep you posted if I do.

I'm pretty sure all I would need to do is give them the measurement of the flange height difference between the two and get them to make the ring gear to suit.

A mate did tell me a custom final drive for a 4spd x19 converted to 5spd internals from Bacci was $1500 so perhaps it would be a similar amount. I'd imagine that amount would come a lot closer to the 500Euro they generally sell them for if a group buy was done.

Lol I'm not sure how I've managed to make myself a leader in something I don't need but anyway.
That's what you get for bringing it to our attention (only kidding). Frankly I don't have a need right now either but I love this kind of stuff. Kind of like solving a puzzle or hunting for a lost object, its a challenge to solve. Wish I knew more about the various Fiat trans units so I could assist more with it.

a custom final drive... from Bacci was $1500
Add that to the cost of the LSD itself and ouch! That's why I thought a modified 128 gear would be more practical (if it can be done).

Thanks again for the info.

Back