1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500e

Discussion in 'Nuova 500' started by Brett, Apr 20, 2015.

1. kmead

kmead True Classic

Nice

I have considered one several times as I drive about 28 miles a day normally to and from work.

The 136 hours to recharge seems a bit off putting though as I don’t think I want to run 240 to the garage as my power comes into the other end of the house

2. ng_randolph

ng_randolph Bjorn H

With my driving, I average in excess of 4 miles / kWh, so your daily commute would only be about 7 kWh. That should be just about 5 hr of charging pr day with the included 110 V charger.

We have free 6 kW chargers at work, so I don't charge at home much.

kmead likes this.
  3. kmead

kmead True Classic

I think we have a few charge spots but am not sure. I should look into this a bit more. Thanks!

4. gwbfiat

gwbfiat Daily Driver

I just want to tell everyone that I bought a 2015 Fiat 500e in January of this year (2017). It had 16,000 miles on it when I bought it and now it has just over 32,0000 miles. No problems at all so far with the car. I just bought new tires however as the original Firestones that come with the car wear out very fast. I bought Bridgestone Ecopia Plus tires as a replacement and I hope that they give me more life than the original tires. The Bridgestones have better traction for sure and if they last longer than the Firestones then I will be happy.

My wife and I drive this car when we have local commutes that are within the range of the car's capability and for 80% of our driving this car is just perfect for both the range and it's size. We both love driving the car and the fact that it is the best buy of any car out there and it is extremely cheap to run and costs almost nothing to maintain is a bonus that I can easily deal with. In town acceleration is great due to the torque of the electric motor. It is fun to see the shock on people's faces when they get blown away by a crappy little Fiat 500 sprinting ahead of them from a stop light and not being able to catch up. Most people have no idea that the car is electric they only think that they know that Fiats are shity cars. I am glad that I know otherwise!

kmead likes this.