500L

avusblue98

True Classic
Saw a commercial for this last night (and sorry I don't have a link) - a 4-dr; the commercial's set in Colonial times, with Paul Revere calling out 'The Italians are coming, the Italians are coming!' - and when the cars arrive, all the American Puritans strip to reveal Italian cocktail dresses.

I happened to be driving by my local dealer and they have them in stock now. I saw two, there are likely more there. I was a fair distance away so I will withhold judgement of their appearance. I think they will look much better in red like the commercial. The ones I saw were white.

This was in Grandville MI at Zeigler Fiat

Karl

Saw a commercial for this last night (and sorry I don't have a link) - a 4-dr; the commercial's set in Colonial times, with Paul Revere calling out 'The Italians are coming, the Italians are coming!' - and when the cars arrive, all the American Puritans strip to reveal Italian cocktail dresses.

Saw it too, pretty good commercial. :woot:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbRKAVZBlRc"]Italian Invasion - FIAT® 500L (Director's Cut) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I like all their ads, and think the 500L will sell well with the larger size and 4 doors.

I still wish they sold the Panda here instead, which to my eyes looks much nicer. The 500L Trekking looks ok to me in some photos, but in general the 500L has strange proportions. :sigh:

Panda, pretty nice, even sporty.

2012-Fiat-Panda-Carscoop119.jpg

500L base model, ugg...

262131341547.jpg

500L Trekking, reasonable, thought the front fascia is still a bit goofy.

2014-fiat-500l-trekking-la.jpg

Of course, only my :2c:

500L was only on sale for part of June, and they reported something like 400-500 sales, boosting overall Fiat sales to higher than the previous June just barely.

Stateline Fiat in Fort Mill (Charlotte NC area) has an owners shin-dig July 11th to introduce the 500L, so I might go and check out the interior. I still think they'll sell a good number of these.

500L was only on sale for part of June, and they reported something like 400-500 sales, boosting overall Fiat sales to higher than the previous June just barely.

Stateline Fiat in Fort Mill (Charlotte NC area) has an owners shin-dig July 11th to introduce the 500L, so I might go and check out the interior. I still think they'll sell a good number of these.

We expect a full report from your trip to see the L tomorrow :)

Jun, 2012 - 4,004
Jun, 2013 - 4,050 (3,509 500; 541 500L)

Pretty pricey

At $25k it is more expensive than a lot of regular sedans like the Honda Civic. Which also gets much better gas mileage. :nuts:

I don't really get it.

I wouldn't compare the Civic and the 500L, just remember that the Civic and the 500L (and most cars) come in a wide range of styles and options and prices. A base Civic sedan is $18,165 and a base 500L is $19,100, and certainly you can probably hit $30K on either one with all the goodies.

But if I did, why would anyone go with the 500L vs. Civic? For 20 more HP (160/140), for more room (23.1 cu. ft vs. 11.7), etc.

Sure the Civic base mileage of 28-39 edges out the 500L with 25-33, but let's look at the facts before throwing a Fiat under a bus.

At $25k it is more expensive than a lot of regular sedans like the Honda Civic. Which also gets much better gas mileage. :nuts:

I don't really get it.

An owner of an X1/9 and 131 talking about rational decisions. :mallet:

You really can't make these sort of comparisons, car purchases are still most often an irrational choice. :nuts:

On the side, Japanese small cars are getting pretty bad. I've rented both a Nissan Versa sedan and Toyota Yaris sedan. Terrible cars.

Here we are at Stateline Fiat in Fort Mill SC, gratuitous shot of the 4 colors of Abarth, and interior of the red 500L showing how the seats are split and fold down and flip forward for more room. And yours truly outside with a green one. The finest car made in Serbia available in the US today!

I don't see this in that class of car at all due to it's interior room which is more on the order of the new Jetta in terms of space. The general character is verging into mini-mini van territory or CUV land particularly with the cladding covered trim level.

Among the things to like like is the general interior and the fact that you can actually see out of the damn thing. No gunslit side windows sloping upward as they go to the rear. There are so many cars a child can't even see out of (reinforcing their desire to be facedown towards a screen). I sat in some of the latest Hyundai small cars and could hardly see out of the back seat.

I really hope this car gets them onto more people's shopping lists as it is definitely a good vehicle for small families or active young adults.

Last edited:
I don't see this in that class of car at all due to it's interior room which is more on the order of the new Jetta in terms of space. The general character is verging into mini-mini van territory or CUV land particularly with the cladding covered trim level.

Among the things like is the general interior and the fact that you can actually see out of the damn thing. No gunslit side windows sloping upward as they go to the rear. There are so many cars a child can't even see out of (reinforcing their desire to be facedown towards a screen). I sat in some of the latest Hyundai small cars and could hardly see out of the back seat.

I really hope this car gets them onto more people's shopping lists as it is definitely a good vehicle for small families or active young adults.

Does indeed seem more like a Ford C-Max competitor than a Civic/Corolla type.

I do intend to check one out at FO. Always looking for an excuse for those ladies to take me for a ride. :whistle:

Back