69 850 Sedan

boxy02

True Classic
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
Does anyone recognize this 1969 850 sedan? It was recently on craigslist in the Huntington Beach (Orange County), CA area. If you have contact info for the owner/seller, please, please PM me. Or I can give you my contact info if you can pass it along to the seller.
I sent the seller 4 emails and I never received a reply. I'd love to buy this one and built it!
Thx,
Mike

Mike, I remember seeing that one on the HB Craigslist quite a long time ago. Did you just see it listed recently? I never attempted to contact the seller because I sort of had mixed feelings about it. It appears somewhat decent and the price wasn't too out of line, but having spent most of my life in HB I also know what older local cars tend to be like...particularly ones owned by "surfer dudes". Absolutely no offense to anyone, I was one of those guys myself, which is why I know. I'd be curious what you find out.

Thx Dr Jeff. Yeah, it was on CL for about a month and just expired 2 days ago. I hope it gets relisted.

I've seen this 850 listed a few times on CL over quite some time (years?), always with little info & a wishful price (for its condition). Cut front fenders (for tire clearance), rust in a few of the normal places for an 850 Sedan, the yellow half of the car is a (poor) repaint (car was originally all-white). If the doors are original, it's actually a '68, not a '69. :)

It was listed for “$1200 firm” and seller claims to have a set of flares and a few extra parts to go with the sale. Unfortunately, he doesn’t list a phone number and doesn’t reply to CL emails re: the ad.
I’d just modify it the way I see the build in my mind...
I hope he contacts me, I’d love to tuck it in the corner of my garage and do a slow build on it. It’d be fun!!

Last edited:
Back