79 Strada outside of Seattle

There is the reason. Rare hard to find..
Old Picture from MWB .... Presently not in stock.
View attachment 52334

A close friend put one of these in his X1/9 back in the 90's. You better have tons of HP to make up for the super tall gearing. It felt slower than my 850 with that final drive. Needless to say he put the original back in...

A close friend put one of these in his X1/9 back in the 90's. You better have tons of HP to make up for the super tall gearing. It felt slower than my 850 with that final drive. Needless to say he put the original back in...
With performance Head and D223 cam that make a great cruiser.
I absolutely do not regret having made this change, of course in the context of a normal street car.

Last edited:
Let's not tell him Matt has a set of CD-4s that would look very correct on his '74...
When I had a '74 in 1979, it had Roosevelts, which would also be an era-appropriate wheel (if he could find any).

Let's not tell him Matt has a set of CD-4s that would look very correct on his '74...
When I had a '74 in 1979, it had Roosevelts, which would also be an era-appropriate wheel (if he could find any).
I’ve got something brewing, thanks to a generous member, but Covid has delayed things a tad. Stay tuned. Matt? I don’t think he needs my business.

Back