79 x-1/9 FS. Some assembly required. (not mine)

Kevin B (Asheville NC)

Administrator
Owner: Tom Ellwood

All the parts are there. Just not installed.
Late model gauge cluster installed
Faza Forza seats installed
Motor reportedly has Faza 35/75 cam installed along with a hot 2bbl carb

Appears to be orig turd brown, but resprayed metallic black inside and out at some point in its life.
Has some rust with pinholes, but non structural from what I could see.

Comes with the Faza seats and a set of mint CD30's (orig magnesium, not repros)

Asking $3500.

Will try to post pictures.
Car orig from Florida, and later western NC. Owner, at one time, worked for Al C's florida shop.

Will try to post pics.

20190214_142246.jpg 20190214_142252.jpg 20190214_143012.jpg 20190214_143016.jpg

Last of pics.

X shares space with Mazda 323GTX, a Ford Fiesta ST, and a really cool old Honda motorcycle, and some cool 1/10th scale model railroad stuff

If somebody buy it and want to recoup part of it's investment, I could be interested in the seats, maybe even the wheels.

Carl, I was thinking the same about the cute dogs. They seem to be on "mouse patrol". :D

I agree Dan, nice seats. ;)

Overall looks to be typical condition for a project car, worth finishing. Funny, both of mine are sitting on stands and stripped like that also...waiting for me to get working on them. :oops:

Carl, I was thinking the same about the cute dogs. They seem to be on "mouse patrol". :D

I agree Dan, nice seats. ;)

Overall looks to be typical condition for a project car, worth finishing. Funny, both of mine are sitting on stands and stripped like that also...waiting for me to get working on them. :oops:
Reminds me of mine when I bought it!! Drove past it for 3 or 4 months and kept telling myself not to look ‘cuz I knew I would buy it! Had “for sale” in red primer across the windshield and the dash was missing as well as the driver seat bottom was toast. When I saw how clean the rails and strut towers were(mint) and only $500 with a brand new carb; still working on it but has been my daily summer driver for the past 6 years!!

Aside from the cool Faza provenance, I think those seats can be rather easily substituted in kind by some recent eBay offerings.

Back