81 Strada for sale

A coupe is a 2 door 2+2 seating arrangement car. It is not a two door sedan which is just a sedan with two doors but the same same accommodation as the sedan. They are generally lower than the sedan from which they may be related and would have their own specific bodywork.

The 124 Sport Coupe is a coupe just as a 300CE MB is a coupe.

The 850 Sport Coupe is a coupe as well due to its 2+2 seating configuration even though it is similar to the 850 Sedan.

I own one of both. They are unequivically coupes and two of my favorite cars.

The Mini is neither a sedan nor a coupe, it is a Mini, the first of the two box designs and falls in neither category.
Good point about the "2+2" aspect of a coupe.

I could enjoy one of these, probably not enthusiastically enough to swap from auto to MT.

my life partner is amazingly accepting of my hobbies that involve wheels, with mostly vast tolerance as long as there is not too much clutter in the immediate range of (her) vision.

I would probably end up with a lot of $500 Fiats if I had a place to hide them from the boss. The Fatrat was a $600 purchase which Todd gratefully stored for me but the wife knew about. I figured out a long time ago that hiding stuff like this from your wife will not merely bight you in the ass, the ass will actually be removed from your body...with a Sawzal.

I’m probably Carl’s test case on this concept. And like most things, ultimately I find balance where it becomes internally motivated vs external. That is to say, left to my own, I’ll have a fleet of $500 rescue Fiats, the Strada and then tire of the clutter & pair down & organize better….it’s a long-established pattern.

my wife loves the 124 Sedan, btw….just not as much as her Pininfarina.

You are lucky. Wife does not tolerate Fiats. Not even tires. I actually have 10 tires for my son's car, 4 for my wife SUV, 4 for my Audi Quattro and 12 for my Fiats, including race and street tires. Earlier this summer I sent 12 tires and wheels to the scrapyards and I'm still trying to donate 6 tires - including 4 with nice mag-but one bent. So I went down from 48 to 30 and it's still too much. But, like I said in another post, I manage to keep my second X19 by making it a father/son project. Son is actually busy playing with a sound system in his Kia. At first there was smoke from the Subwoofer. Then smoke from the ampl. Then smoke fron the brand new oversize radio. I'm happy that is learning on his Kia. When he's going to be good, he will let him play more with the Fiat! :rolleyes:

Todd mentioned to me once that he is one X1/9 over his limit but the shop boss says as long as it's being worked on it get it road ready he is allowed to keep it. So naturally this car will forever need work to make it ready.

A coupe is a 2 door 2+2 seating arrangement car. It is not a two door sedan which is just a sedan with two doors but the same same accommodation as the sedan. They are generally lower than the sedan from which they may be related and would have their own specific bodywork.
I agree with some of what you say, there seems to be quite the debate and blurry line to the definition of Coupe'. I didn't mean to open up a can of worms! I guess it's kinda depends on your point of view? This is what Wikipedia says about it..
A coupe is a fixed-roof car with a sloping rear roofline and one or two rows of seats. However, there is some debate surrounding whether a coupe must have two doors for passenger egress or whether cars with four doors can also be considered coupes. This debate has arisen since the early 2000's, when four-door cars such as the Mazda RX-8 and Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class have been marketed as "four-door coupes" or "quad coupes".
In the 1940's and 1950's, coupes were distinguished from sedans by their shorter roof area and sportier profile. Similarly, in more recent times, when a model is sold in both coupe and sedan body styles, generally the coupe is sportier and more compact.
The 1977 version of International Standard ISO 3833—Road vehicles - Types - Terms and definitions—defines a coupe as having two doors (along with a fixed roof, usually with limited rear volume, at least two seats in at least one row and at least two side windows).[17] On the other hand, the United States Society of Automotive Engineers publication J1100 does not specify the number of doors, instead defining a coupe as having a rear interior volume of less than 33 cu ft (934 L).
The definition of coupe started to blur when manufacturers began to produce cars with a 2+2 body style (which have a sleek, sloping roofline, two doors, and two functional seats up front, plus two small seats in the back)

In Volvo's 140 and 240 series cars, they had both 2 and 4 door body styles with the same roofline and wheelbase; the 2-door had longer doors and tilting front seats to assist access. To my (30 year) knowledge, they never called a 2-door a "coupe" until the altered greenhouse of the Bertone-styled 262.

Back