82 X1/9 parts at the Fiat Freakout in Orlando

Mechanogeek

True Classic
These are the parts I will have with me at the Fiat Freakout this weekend. All parts taken from an 82 USA spec X1/9

Seat, left, mediocre condition, $75
Seat, right, mediocre condition, $75

Front bumper and end trim pieces, $75
Rear bumper and end trim pieces, $75

Headlight assembly, right bucket and mechanism, $50
Headlight assembly, left bucket and mechanism, $50
Headlight Motor, left, $50
Headlight Motor, right, $50

Bumper Shock Absorber, 4 available, $50 each

Wheels, see picture, mediocre condition, $200 for set of 4 medium and 1 repairable, tires removed.

Starter for 1500 5-speed, new, $50

20170709_093945.jpg

Last edited:
Is there an actual swap meet area? Hard to find good automotive swap meets anymore and I live in swap meet country here in PA.
Unless you have a muscle car the swap meets are not the same anymore. Especially when your looking for Fiat parts. Haha

I'll be there! What color is the Seat, left, mediocre condition, $75? If black and just the cover (not the whole seat frame etc) I'd want it. runouteast at hotmail.
Sam

They don’t. Particularly at Disneyland.

There is a vendor area where they pay to play, it has gotten much thinner over the years. MWB has been a perrenial as has Fiat Plus. A chocolatier was there one year with wonderful little Fiat chocolates.

Any swapping is in the parking lot amongst friends as opposed to a formal area and activity.

I'll be there! What color is the Seat, left, mediocre condition, $75? If black and just the cover (not the whole seat frame etc) I'd want it. runouteast at hotmail.
Sam

Good candidates for restoration. Both seats in same condition.

20180815_071555.jpg 20180815_071613.jpg 20180815_071629.jpg

That's interesting, you are in JAX with a set of seats much like (luckily, mine had nice metal pans also) I bought from a guy in ATL, sight un-seen, left the money under a potted plant on the porch & he told me his address & where the seats were in a garage on the way home from Neptune Beach visiting friends a few years ago. The trip back with the seats & a set of wheels he threw in + everything else & a family was a high point in my redneck travel career!

26794304923_49e3c727e0_z.jpg

That said, I think tastefully done w/ pre-arranged interest or whatever it is a fine thing. Further, as a FCA member, I think having a swap meet w/ as some part of the event would bring value to the event. I'd be curious of others concur.

I agree, I think it would be an excellent parking lot activity along with the beers and the ongoing story telling that goes with it.

The parking lot is the best part of FFO in my experience

For me, it is really the experience. Drives are nice. I don't know what the larger club intentions in terms of the type of event/audience/how "fancy"/etc. is desired because I've mostly been too busy with the rest of life to really pay close attention unless I just happen to go to one, but I've always associated that sort of thing with car enthusiast stuff in general and with the amount of trading, hoarding, buying, changing minds, etc. that we all do, it seems to make sense.

Although this response is late it applies to all similar gatherings. I've always enjoyed having a swap meet area at any car event. It benefits the hobby greatly with excellant opportunities to get needed parts for projects. Especially with older cars like these. And it's fun. It is best if the event organizers set up a special area for it and make it a legitimate activity.

for buyers AND sellers, it's a wonderful way to move large car part objects into the hands of the folks who need them vs. tossing out or paying $100 to ship a $25 part that happens to be big, heavy or both.

Although this response is late it applies to all similar gatherings. I've always enjoyed having a swap meet area at any car event. It benefits the hobby greatly with excellant opportunities to get needed parts for projects. Especially with older cars like these. And it's fun. It is best if the event organizers set up a special area for it and make it a legitimate activity.
I agree about the swap meet, good addition to the gathering. It might get tricky though if the vendors are paying to have a presence and the swap meet folks are not. Maybe the swap meet would be used parts only? Maybe the swap meet folks pay for a presence too? Wonder what the club officials have to say?

I think there is a principle difference between a legal business entity selling products for a profit and individual hobbyists helping one another with spare parts. Plus, the 'swap meet area' at these automotive venues tends to be only used parts, where as the 'vendor row' area tends to be new products or services. Keeping areas for the 'pros' and 'amateurs' separate would be all that's needed if there is concern over a business selling products without paying the appropriate fee.

I would like to hear what the club & what vendors think. I really have no idea where the club would land on the topic, but I would agree that the whole gig of swap meet/used (even some NOS) is just a different thing . Yeah, I guess you could buy someone’s new-never-used carb For less than a vendor may sell it, but hell, it’s a one-off thing it’s not a business model & it happens here & on Mira All the time without people getting uncomfortable...I think it would be cool, but who knows.

Back