84 Bertone For Sale in Tennessee

BenPender

Hi Everyone,

I've decided to re-home my '84 X1/9. I bought it several years ago as a non-runner and finally got around to making it run. Turns out all it needed was a good ignition rotor. So, now, it runs really well and sounds great. I put new pads and rotors on it all around, so it stops great, too. I rebuilt the power window switches and replaced some fuses, and so now all the electrical works, albeit slowly since I haven't yet done the brown wire mod. My friend broke the key in the ignition switch, so I just installed a new ignition tumbler/switch, so now I don't have to worry about old weak keys.

So, it's now a pretty decent driver. Problem is it has a bit of rust here and there. Not really bad, except for the rust around the windshield. Well, that and a weak transmission. Its a 5 speed, obviously, but reverse seems to be missing a tooth or two and third gear is noisy. I have no problem driving it as long as a) I avoid using reverse as much as possible, and 2: I avoid third gear. Unlike reverse, third gear is smooth, just noisy. Synchros all feel good, though, no issues with upshifting or downshifting.

I kinda hate to sell it, but the rust is beyond what I want to deal with. I really consider it a decent, running, driving parts car. Only problem is I don't have another X that I need parts for, so I'm ready to part with it and focus on my other Fiat ('69 124 Coupe), and all the other projects I have.

I'd like to get $1600 for it. I would be willing to deliver it within 300-400 miles of zip code 37318 (southern Middle Tennessee, equidistant, sorta, between Nashville, TN, Birmingham, AL, and Atlanta, GA.) Or, come to my place and drive it home. If you come prepared to drive it home, I'll fill it up with gas for you! I just want to see it go to a good home and either be driven until it can't be driven anymore or used to keep another, perhaps less rusty X on the road. I would be willing to keep the Speedline wheels, put steelies on it,IMG_4881.JPG IMG_4883.JPG IMG_4884.JPG IMG_4886.JPG IMG_4893.JPG IMG_4881.JPG IMG_4883.JPG IMG_4884.JPG IMG_4886.JPG IMG_4893.JPG and take less for it.

I'll try to upload some pics, but if you want something specific, then just ask.

My contact info:
Cell: 931-691-5959 (voice & text)
Work: 931-962-5645
email: ben_pender@yahoo.com

thanks for looking!

Ben Pender

Looks like a nice collection of "projects" in the background. :)

Unfortunately you are too far away from me. But I might suggest showing some pictures of the rust issues to help give a clearer idea of the work needed.
Your price seems quite good though...I'm sure you'll find a buyer.

Back