850 Ignition switch

dnudelman

True Classic
I have a choice of two ignition switches. In the photo the upper switch has a key, came from a vendor in Slovenia but it is Sipea brand, made it italy.
Notice the steering lock bar is shorter than the original 850 switch at the bottom of the photo. The 850 switch has additional wires, Sipea, but NO KEY.

Suggestions? Note the photo makes one look smaller than the other but they are the same.
20210601_133524.jpg

Last edited:
If you don’t have a key for the second one, isn’t your decision already made for you?

there is a locksmith in town that can make keys, they've done it for a 1959 Alfa in the past. Since there a couple of differences in the switch, I'm wondering if those matter.

The no key looks like its for a 124. I would go with the switch including the key. That's just me though. I am currently having to rebuild my switch, as the "50" terminal does not engage my starter. (may be dirty, needs gone through, etc.)

The no key looks like its for a 124. I would go with the switch including the key. That's just me though. I am currently having to rebuild my switch, as the "50" terminal does not engage my starter. (may be dirty, needs gone through, etc.)
I'd like to see how the switch comes apart and goes back together.

Update, the locksmith didn't want to make a key. I took it to another and he wanted 125 or 250, so no go. He did tell me how to clean out the switch from Slovenia, tons of junk came out. Working decently.

Update, the locksmith didn't want to make a key. I took it to another and he wanted 125 or 250, so no go. He did tell me how to clean out the switch from Slovenia, tons of junk came out. Working decently.
Glad you found a decent solution!

Back