850 spider window "fuzzy" scrappers.....

Fiat4Fun

True Classic
Howdy,
Working on my door panels and doors, and want to replace the fuzzy black material that go one each side of the door roll up windows.

I see how to remove the chrome strips, that have the original fuzzy strips stapled on. I can get the old material off, and looking for suggestions on what to replace it with.

I did find the fuzzy strips online, but not sure how I can attach them. Should I just glue them on or should I try to rivet or screw in the new ones? Thought I would try to find something adhesive backed, but have not found anything that looks original.

Any advice on doing this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

On my amphicar, I believe I got staples out and did what they did originally. If the holes are already in the metal, this might not be too bad a job.

There are several lower engine compartment sheet metal covers that have rubber parts stapled to them. In order to clean them up and repaint them, I resorted to removing each staple, and then reused them to put the refurbished pieces back together. These were pretty heavy duty staples and there were many. Not the job for those that bleed easily.

I got mine from Obert. I just carefully opened the staples and reused them along with some 3M weather strip adhesive.

Back