850 Sport Coupe interior pieces and advice sought

flaviaman

True Classic
Greetings....

Long time lurker here. I am redoing the interior of my Sport Coupe and want to
replace the carpet set. Will a Spider carpet kit fit a Coupe? It would appear the floor pans are the same...

On a different note I am looking for the plastic moldings that hold the rear quarter window weatherstrips to the body as well as a complete set of grab handles and all hardware (body shop lost mine). Thanks.

No a spider set will not fit.

There are Coupe kits out there and the price is pretty reasonable. The pans are pretty much the same as a sedan not a spider.

The plastic extruded covers are very hard to find. Basically unobtainable.

Grab handles should be fairly easy to get. You will likely want to haunt European EBay and the Italian specific site whose name escapes me.

If we're thinking of the same part, I think a supplier was reproducing the plastic moldings but a full set (four pieces front and rear) ran about $400. Lots of scratch for four pieces of plastic.

Italian eBay is just eBay.it

There is another sales site in Italy which offers much better choices than ebay itself at least in my observation.

I believe he is referencing the three quarter round, ribbed, black extrusions that cover the inner part of the rubber window seals. The 124 Sport Coupes also use the same extrusion, different length. These run along the bottom of the window and along the top.

They door top and rear quarter trims are available as reproductions (cast, not injection molded as the originals were) from Mr Fiat as I recall. My right passenger door top trim is split at one of the screws but is otherwise complete.

Subito.it is what you’re referencing I believe.
Yes I found almost unobtainable fog lights there.

ECD3FC99-18FB-4968-AEF1-0285DEFD02C3.jpeg
A781170C-B1A0-455B-A9C6-B5580E4E3183.jpeg
Gentleman:

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Attached (hopefully)! Is a photo of the moulding, Karl is correct the 124 Coupes used a similar piece however I suspect it is a bit shorter. I did find the RH side in Sicily and am eagerly awaiting the DHL man to appear.

Regarding parts suppliers in Italia I have visited and bought from several when restoring my 124 BC, I was particularly impressed with
Nuvolari in San Marino: www.nuvolaristore.com. Great signage!

Back