'86 in WA

Wow, that's nice, great color combo, great interior, clean, low miles. Make him an offer, fly out, drive home.:) easy for me to say, eh?

Nice looking, looks to be well sorted. Looks like the timing belt was changed at 56K.

Curious about that exhaust and tow hitch.:confuse2:

Listed & re-listed for well over a year now.

high price tag is keeping it in limbo...

funny after all this time it is still listed as a 4-Speed A/T :fart:

Listed & re-listed for well over a year now.

high price tag is keeping it in limbo...

funny after all this time it is still listed as a 4-Speed A/T :fart:

Yeah, I've seen it a few times- that is why I wondered. I didn't know if it was price or something else keeping people away. Of course, it seems like a bargain now since one just popped up for $15k. :eyepop:

Wow, that's nice, great color combo, great interior, clean, low miles. Make him an offer, fly out, drive home.:) easy for me to say, eh?

I'd LOVE to, but without a real history, I don't think I have the guts to make my first trip a 3000mi one. It looks like the tires are completely shot so those'd have to be changed before that too.

Shipping would cost about $1000 and there is little chance they'd go down far enough to make that worth it.

I'd LOVE to, but without a real history, I don't think I have the guts to make my first trip a 3000mi one. It looks like the tires are completely shot so those'd have to be changed before that too.

Shipping would cost about $1000 and there is little chance they'd go down far enough to make that worth it.

As has been recently said.."no guts no glory".:cool:
I don't blame you, I'd have the same hesitation. Throw an offer of 4 at him, buy a plane ticket, pocket a list of Xweb members, charge up the cell phone, what an adventure..

Last edited:
Nice X

I would remove the tow hitch, correct the exhaust tips, obtain the four spoke steering wheel, original Cromodora wheels and leave the car totally original. If I were living in continental USA, I would get it, with or without a discount. That car is absolutely beautiful!

I would .... obtain the four spoke steering wheel,

Hmm, why the love for the four spoke steering wheel? I have the four spoke, and would prefer the three spoke. Or at least I think I would. What makes the four spoke more desirable?

Has has been recently said.."no guts no glory".:cool:
I don't blame you, I'd have the same hesitation. Throw an offer of 4 at him, buy a plane ticket, pocket a list of Xweb members, charge up the cell phone, what an adventure..

I'd think harder about it if there was someone in WA willing to go take a look at it and report back. I don't want to offer *anything* for a car that could very easily be swiss cheese underneath.

I hate to admit this, but the trailer hitch is a selling point for me. :eek:
If (WHEN!) I buy an x, it'll be my primary transport, which means that I'll want to occasionally pull a (very light) sailboat to the water. Yes, I am insane.

Well...

This car is a 1986 model. the three spoke steering wheel came in the 1987 and later models. For the sake of originality I would put the four spoke wheel in this one.
The three spoke wheel is very pretty, but it is not original in this car in particular.
Just my humble opinion...

Last edited:
I'm in Spokane

If you're genuinely interested I could go take a look. I've seen it on CL for a while now and have thought about going to see it, but it's really in Deer Park i think..about 45 min drive for me. It doesn't seem they're in any hurry to sell it or budge on the price, so I never bothered.

If you're genuinely interested I could go take a look. I've seen it on CL for a while now and have thought about going to see it, but it's really in Deer Park i think..about 45 min drive for me. It doesn't seem they're in any hurry to sell it or budge on the price, so I never bothered.

Thanks for the offer! Realistically, I can't say I'm interested at their price, but I'd call and see if they'd go any lower if the car was as good as it looks. That being the case, I don't want anyone to go out of their way for me.

If you happen to be near there at some point and the car is still there though, please post your findings.

Back