A New Lancia Rally 037? Kimera Automobili

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. I am awaiting the 5/22 release date. Of course, with a price tag well above that of an original Stradale, I'm just an armchair participant. But it will be interesting to see how close to the original form they stay.

I wish this would stop. The 037 was created for a purpose. All these rehashes do is remind us how irrelevant Fiat and Lancia are in the arena of motorsport.

A little difficult to tell exactly what this is, but it appears to be an example of something I was referring to in another thread - where reproduction cars are re-made with modern materials and technology.

I'm still confused about what exactly it is. Is it an actual 037 that's "reimagined" and completely updated like most of Singer's cars which start with an actual 964-series Porsche 911? Is it an updated tribute car that starts with a Montecarlo/Scorpion tub? Is it like the new Lancia Stratos that's based on a totally different (Ferrari F430) platform? Or is it more like the new Singer lightweight cars produced with Williams that look like a 911 but use a bespoke carbon tub created in-house?

I guess we'll know soon enough.

Back