Abarth carpeted floor mats - question

myronx19

True Classic
Hi all,

I'm assuming the Abarth 500 model comes with carpeted floor mats, right?

I bought a 2013, but it has the all-weather Abarth mats. Since I won't really be driving it in the winter, I was hoping to find carpet mats that have the Abarth logo. I figured I'd be able to find tons of them online, but not really!!

Does anyone know where I can get them? I guess I can try a Fiat dealer, but would like alternate sources as well.

There's these ones - but I believe my car has two hooks on the driver's side:

http://shop.500madness.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1436

This one does appear to have two holes but I prefer the scorpion logo :)

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-500-floor-mats-set-of-4-carpet-w-abarth-logo-pid3316

What do you guys have?!?

Cheers!

The rubber slush mats you currently have are much more valuable and usable. My pop came with the regular plain 500 mats and they wear very quickly. We required the dealer to include the slush mats as part of the purchase agreement. The dealer wants stupid money for those! Personally Id go with something like a fitted mat from 3D Maxxspider or Weather tech or similar (which I did on my L and love em!)

rubber slush mats

Thanks - this car won't be used in the winter, and I prefer the feeling of nice carpet underneath (makes it feel more luxurious, lol..) I'll probably go with the dealer Abarth mats - I'm sure they're not that durable, but they'll be fine for the limited use the car will get.

Doesn't seem like anything is durable on this car though, hahahah!! I brought it home, and went to open the door and "crack" - the door handle hinge broke. WTF?!?! I've had it less than 4 hours, and it broke, hahah! Typical Fiat.

so now I need a door handle hinge kit before I get mats!

Last edited:
Id be on the phone. Is it certified pre owned? If so or its under milage, it will be covered onder warranty. Get the S34 recall performed as well if it hasn't already been done.

Yeah well I am on my third handle on my Toyota van so don't expect much from anyone else either

Id be on the phone. Is it certified pre owned? If so or its under milage, it will be covered onder warranty. Get the S34 recall performed as well if it hasn't already been done

Well, the car was a trade in at a Toyota dealer - I got it stupidly cheap. It's a 2013 that was first registered in November 2013, one owner and traded in December 2016. It has higher mileage, warranty is over -.. Not a certified pre-owned :( - but no biggie.. the Toyota dealer I bought it from would fix it but it would be more hassle for me to drive it there and get it done. It's in pretty good shape otherwise, real clean inside and underneath.

Ooooh, what's the S34 recall? I'll have to google that. I'll have to call Fiat Canada and see what my VIN shows. I have no real background on the car, but it's in good overall shape. I'm happy with it so far :)

S34 found it.. from what I've read, Abarth models aren't affected (but that's just what I read in forums, not sure if that's true or not)

Yeah well I am on my third handle on my Toyota van so don't expect much from anyone else either

Really? Oh man!! Sorry to hear :( Luckily my Vibe (Matrix) has been holding up really well! 11 years in, and we have similar road conditions here in Toronto (pot holes included!!! :) )

Last edited:
fixed my door handle this summer om my 2013 Abarth.... not very hard to do and the part was cheep (hinge only). If you go to the dealer they will replace the complete assmbley and not just the hinge ....

fixed my door handle this summer om my 2013 Abarth.... not very hard to do and the part was cheep (hinge only). If you go to the dealer they will replace the complete assmbley and not just the hinge ....

Hi Alex, did you buy the hinge on EBay or from a dealer? I agree, it's an easy fix. Bad design - so common for it to break.

What I do recommend is lubricating it with white grease before assembly. It may help with its life span.

yup... I purchased the hinge from Ebay. The dealer would not sell me the hinge. They would only sell me the a complete new unit. It is not difficult or time consuming to install. I did not lubricate the hinge but it is a good idea. As of today no issues.

Back