Abarth "Replica" on BaT very clean.....

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-abarth-a-112/
With my newly taught skills I'm on a roll. Just saw this on Bring a Trailer and think it's very clean. The text leaves a lot to be desired. "rear suspension is transverse leaf" for starters as they show a normal 600 setup. Also listed is a "5-speed" but no pic to show the extended case.....Still a very clean car even with a cast 600 exhaust manifold and odd muffler. Curious to see selling price as they seem to have a production line of sorts. A friend from Montenegro has offered to import some from the Balkans. Just what I need, another temptation!

There's just so many 600s (or Zastava in this case) out there where they slap on the late style fender flares and front rad shroud and a few Abarth replica or Abarth-ish mods and call it a tribute or replica. Nice paint job but too many incorrect things for me. The front flares are poorly done as you can see in this photo. Car sits too high in front. Wrong props on the engine lid. Too many mods not done that could have made this a much nicer car.

The BaT write-ups kill me sometimes.

A fun driver for someone. Not for me at any price. I'm too critical and could probably critique this for pages (sigh). Will be interesting to see where the bids end up.

1982_abarth_a_112_15559696243f3541IMG_4772-2.jpg

I agree too. Not a fan of the color either. If you are going to all that trouble to modify, at least a classic color combo should be used.

A friend from Montenegro has offered to import some from the Balkans. Just what I need, another temptation!
Are you referring to importing 600's, or built Abarth replicas? I'm curious what kind of price a basic 600 from the Balkans would run?

I agree too. Not a fan of the color either. If you are going to all that trouble to modify, at least a classic color combo should be used.
Color choice can be so different for different cars. This 'blue-grey' (or whatever you want to call it) was a factory color on BMW's back in the 70's and looked fantastic on those larger cars. But it does seem a bit off on this little car. Opposite with some 'red' cars; it seems to go better on smaller cars than larger ones. Of course the vehicle size is only one factor, and color is a very personal choice. On a related note, I've never quite understood why black has been so popular for any car (personally I've never cared for it), and green tones have always been looked down on (I personally love some greens). Sorry, I went off topic here.

Are you referring to importing 600's, or built Abarth replicas? I'm curious what kind of price a basic 600 from the Balkans would run?
Hi Jeff,
I just noticed your question. He's talking about the stock Yugoslavian version of the 600 called I think a Zastava (?). When dealing with the Lower Eastern area of Europe you need to think more 3rd world. A running one from X village located near someone's 3rd Uncle's sisters house goes somewhere in the hundreds of dollars if available. Apparently a nice one goes for several thousand dollars but rarely change hands if they actually run. Old cars keep their value if nice. If actually interested I can inquire for you. There's the guy in Croatia who seems stable and probably a source also. Shipping would probably be a shared container to San Diego, San Pedro or possibly Huston.

Color choice can be so different for different cars. This 'blue-grey' (or whatever you want to call it) was a factory color on BMW's back in the 70's and looked fantastic on those larger cars. But it does seem a bit off on this little car. Opposite with some 'red' cars; it seems to go better on smaller cars than larger ones. Of course the vehicle size is only one factor, and color is a very personal choice. On a related note, I've never quite understood why black has been so popular for any car (personally I've never cared for it), and green tones have always been looked down on (I personally love some greens). Sorry, I went off topic here.

Here are 600 based cars, Zastava 750 and rarer models are 850.

As Frank said, project cars who will ask many time and parts can be find for few houndreds dollars, but are usually bad condition and for real enthusiasts :)
Good working cars what can go easy in trafic, you can find like for cca 2k usd, freshly finished cars are more 4-6k usd, all this for standard cars or very light modified.
Replicas are now different world, all depends of course of parts used in build...

Good working cars what can go easy in trafic, you can find like for cca 2k usd, freshly finished cars are more 4-6k usd, all this for standard cars or very light modified.
Those seem like very prices for here. Obviously shipping will add to that. But there may be opportunities. A good, complete, running and driving 600 for $2,000 USD, plus less than $1,000 to ship (guessing), isn't bad. Add another $3,000 for a restored one is even better (you couldn't restore one for that).

Back