Abarth X1/9 Engine mounts

TonyK

True Classic
I have been working on this transplant for Bob Martin's Dallara X1/9. The project is farther along than this video, time is spent either working on the project or making up a video.

This video will give some insight into what is required to install the engine into the X1/9 car body. The parts are complicated, but then too is the Abarth engine. I think all swaps are challenging, it is determination that sees this kind of project through.

Here is the You Tube Video.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Always fascinating Tony. I would probably watch the whole hour of milling if you recorded it. OK, maybe not the whole hour. Keep up the good work and I am enjoying the process. :)

GREAT display of engineering expertise, TonyK!! It was a pleasure to watch the whole procedure - wow, what I would give to have some of your equipment in my own home workshop!! :rolleyes:
Well done, buddy!!

cheers, IanL - NZ

Jim and Ian, if you are interested, the milling machine I restored and converted to CNC here are a few video's. I had to learn about CNC electrics, controls and do my own build and conversion to the TOS FN20 milling machine. As for drawing in Cad Cam, I don't do it enough to be fast or good at it and always takes me some time to draw out the part to be cut. I need to have the tutorial open and toggle back and forth between the drawing and the instruction of how to use the program.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Links deleted because they were not accessible.
See post below by ng_randolph.

Thanks for your help.

TonyK.

Last edited:
YouTube says something like "no videos available" when I click on the links from my phone.

Do you have FireFox as a browser? It works from that one, sometimes Google Chrome as well. I have a new computer with Windows 10 and it sucks. I cannot open anything in Windows 10 I have to copy and paste the link into explorer 7, Fire Fox or Google Chrome.

Will see tomorrow when I have time to sort this out.

Thanks for the heads up. If you go to my You Tube Channel fiatx192040 you can also scroll through my video list.

TonyK.

Do you have FireFox as a browser? It works from that one, sometimes Google Chrome as well. I have a new computer with Windows 10 and it sucks. I cannot open anything in Windows 10 I have to copy and paste the link into explorer 7, Fire Fox or Google Chrome.

Will see tomorrow when I have time to sort this out.

Thanks for the heads up. If you go to my You Tube Channel fiatx192040 you can also scroll through my video list.

TonyK.
Did you perhaps copy these links while you were logged into Youtube? It looks like these are private links that only you can open.

Last edited:
Back