After sitting 20+ years

An engine is an amazing thing: air, fuel, compression, spark in precise syncopation and boom you have moving piece of metal.

Congrats.

An engine is an amazing thing: air, fuel, compression, spark in precise syncopation and boom you have moving piece of metal.

Congrats.
We had 2 issues. 1. weak crank, solved by new battery connectors and a new ground form engine to body. 2. points were corroded. a little sand paper and poof! we have start up. this was pulling gas form a can as we havent checked out the tank/line situation. The basic list for this one is fuel lines, brakes, (dont know the condition, but currently no fluid), Straight Pan Hard Replacement, looks like they tried to replace it with eh shorter curved one. Steering idler, this one broke, I think it was frozen and he tried to loosen it with yanking the steering wheel and broke the mount. Then the dreaded frame, which isnt as bad as I thought it was, we had a professional welder stop over and he said it should be cake to repair. the rest is all cosmetic.
the 81 I just picked up only needs exhaust, brake booster and the rest is cosmetic.

20200217_170839_333.jpg

Oh, and also discovered these things are horrid for getting traction on snow/ice covered grass :) The X gets the win in this category with the weight over the drive wheels .

Odie

Oh, and also discovered these things are horrid for getting traction on snow/ice covered grass :) The X gets the win in this category with the weight over the drive wheels .
Odie

I got R-compound tires (Toyo Proxes Ra-1) on my x1/9. Even a thin layer of snow made it impossible to get any traction. Last november I had to push it!

I got R-compound tires (Toyo Proxes Ra-1) on my x1/9. Even a thin layer of snow made it impossible to get any traction. Last november I had to push it!
when I was younger, my X was my daily (I live in Michigan remember, real snow) . I had Yoko A509's, my favorite tire ever. I worked at a dealership and a 82 mustang 5.0 came in on trade. non running. I got it for $500 figured I would use it as a winter beater. Figured my X made it through snow deep enough it was essentially a plow, why not. we got a storm that dropped 8 inches or so. 'stang didnt make it out of the drive. Jumped into the X and no prob getting to work.

but that was then. I dont see the spiders seeing much snow. just pulling htm ein and out of my friends garage to work on until my garage is built.

Odie

Back