Ah, someone just couldn't leave well enough alone

So it seems that if you inadvertently make a double post, you can't delete a post? I hate it when that happens. 😭 (< cool new emoji)
Do you not see the "Delete" option in a line of blue lettered options below your signature? I see it, but I am a mod, so maybe it got turned off. It used to be there

Do you not see the "Delete" option in a line of blue lettered options below your signature? I see it, but I am a mod, so maybe it got turned off. It used to be there
I'm not a mod, and I have the delete button. Only on my own posts, and only when logged in, of course.

Thanks. Looks like I missed it. I was hitting the edit button first excepting to see a delete option under that. Too many forums out there with different "procedures".

By the way, this is also an example of what I was just asking about, a tutorial for how to use all those icon features.

I searched the web for a user focused Xenforo tutorial and did not find one.

Personally, I poke at things till I figure them out. I only noticed the bookmark thingy when I was experimenting with how the user profile behaves in this new version. My profile said I did have any bookmarks. I stood up and shouted "This will not stand!!!" Then I set off to find out where and how I could set a bookmark. So, no mod magic. No one told me it was there, I just stumbled on to it.

Start pokin' 👈👉👆👇:cool:

Lovin' all the new emojis. 😻

Software upgrades and support. At a certain point old software is no longer supported and you have to upgrade. Other times the upgrade is driven by outside factors such as the a**holes who go after websites like this so updated security.

I can’t imagine our “nerds” have too much time on their hands.
I was using the term "Nerds" in an affectionate way.

To be honest if you put up three similar formats with one of them being the old one I would probably have a hard time picking the old one out.
This one is a shock to my system as did the change that was done before this one.
I got used to it and I guess I'll get used to this one but I have to ask, what was wrong with the old one?
I think you computer nerds have too much time on your hands.

The reasons behind the change were mentioned most recently in this post. As much as I too would like software to stay the same forever, that is basically impossible. If one doesn't keep reasonably current, things will start to break and there will be nobody willing to help (other than very highly priced consultants :)). The reason I had time on my hands to accomplish this long-overdue upgrade is because we remain sheltered at home and I'm currently unemployed.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your comment. But when I go to a thread that I've visited before, it automatically brings it up starting with the newest post since I last visited it. That has always been the case and still is.
Yes and like this thread it took me to the most recent post by myredracer and I had to scroll up to note the new posts....before all new posts had a NEW tag on them...

If one doesn't keep reasonably current, things will start to break
I am only involved with one other forum for the most part. And it is a large one that hasn't been updated for ages. There are lots of issues with it. Not necessarily things that keep it from functioning completely, but things like being EXTREMELY slow to do anything. And it is very limited in features. Lately it stopped allowing pics to be posted. I really wish someone would update that forum, or at least maintain it. If I hadn't already been involved with it for quite a while, and if there were other forums with the same content, I would certainly drop it completely. There is a night and day difference in how Xweb functions in comparison to that one.

This is what I mean from a different forum, the NEW tag on the right of each post....

61E9410E-086F-44F0-8234-7E6F972F5BC9.png

Funny because I never even noticed that little "new" flag. As mentioned, the forum always automatically brings up a thread at the first new entry that I hadn't reviewed previously, so I never needed to look for a flag like that.

I seem to recall there are options for each member to select personal preferences, including if a thread comes up from 'first to last' or 'last to first'. Could something like that be at play here? Or am I confusing this with another forum?

Regarding the upgrade in general. I've noticed at random times it seems to 'stall' when I click on a tab at the top. For example to see the list of latest posts under the "bell", or to get to the log off under my user name. Eventually it does the task, but the flashing "thinking" bars are there for awhile before it gets there. I never noticed the old format moving slow like that, other than a rare issue that I think was a more global problem. I always regarded this forum as being very fast compared to any other I've ever encountered. And most of the time the new format is very fast. But now and then it stutters...is that something on my end? I admit I'm spoiled with Xweb being so efficient, so perhaps I expect too much.

did you notice the little bookmark flag in the top right corner of each post next to the reply number??? You can bookmark specific replies and access your list of personal bookmarks by clicking on your username in the upper right corner of the page. Wasn't that a feature you were looking for previously?

That is an awesome feature. I've wanted that for some time. I was even "liking" posts hoping sometime in the future the software would let me view a list of posts I've "liked". I don't see that (and that is a poor use of the "like" feature anyways).

Keep up the great work Administrators and Moderators!

I was even "liking" posts hoping sometime in the future the software would let me view a list of posts I've "liked"
I've been adding many of the threads with content I wanted to save to my computer's "bookmark" list (like links). But that isn't an efficient way of doing it either. This new feature is MUCH better.

I'll have to play with it more, but it would be helpful if the list of personal bookmarks could be organized into categories with subcategories - like folders and subfolders. Yes, it has the ability to add a "label" and a "note", but I'm talking about something more like the common bookmark favorites lists in other software. But hey, I know I'm OCD that way so I'll have to take what I can get.

Back