Ah, someone just couldn't leave well enough alone

I thought I found a way to view my past "likes" - well sort of.

If you view your profile page and go to "Latest activity" list, your likes will be there and pretty apparent:

1589742226528.png

1589742238674.png

However, you'll notice that it doesn't show the older likes. I know the older likes are there in the system as I viewed some old content and they are there but they are not shown in your profile page.

I thought I found a way to view my past "likes" - well sort of.

If you view your profile page and go to "Latest activity" list, your likes will be there and pretty apparent:

I think if you want to track a thread long term, you would use the "Watch" option at the upper right of the page. I think it is for the whole thread, as opposed to individual responses in the thread. Xenforo would send you a notice every time someone responded, so it had a list somewhere. I never used it, but you could give it a try now if you want to.

If that is real, I bought mine at the same place as you if you bought it in Keene. I ended up with an Applied Engineering memory card and drives as I couldn’t afford the Apple drives back in 1983...

I really enjoyed that machine, it is what got me through quite a bit of college.

I get the overall gist from the content in which you used it, but what exactly is "Xenforo"?
Xenforo is the forum software that makes Xweb function. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and read the fine print. 🔍

Aha! They show up if I click on the thread title not the latest post Link on the right. 👍

The reasons behind the change were mentioned most recently in this post. As much as I too would like software to stay the same forever, that is basically impossible. If one doesn't keep reasonably current, things will start to break and there will be nobody willing to help (other than very highly priced consultants :)). The reason I had time on my hands to accomplish this long-overdue upgrade is because we remain sheltered at home and I'm currently unemployed.
Hi MarkF, regardless of how the forum now looks (move on folks, you'll get used to it) we all owe you a great deal of thanks for your efforts to keep the forum going in what sounds like a difficult time for you. The forum is largely supporting a hobby for most of us and in the current scheme of things doesn't rank too high. Many thanks to you and whomever else may have been involved and I'm sure all of us wish a swift turn around in your fortunes ( and all others here similarly affected).

Like most forum members, I tend to be on the old side and like to keep things as they were. So changes are NOT welcome. But I understand it was a necessity and we have to go thru it if we don't want problems to arise.

On a positive note, I must say the "edit" format is now much more user friendly. And I'm sure I will grow to like most of the rest. Too many emojis to choose from, but I don't have to, I could stick to the usual one. 🇨🇦🎶🔆💜🎢🚗🥇🎂🌈🌺🦖😊

Since most of us are old and being mostly men are not supposed to show emotion, lets leave the emojis to women and children, where they belong.

<taking off my admin/moderator hat for a moment>
"men are not supposed to show emotion" Respectfully and strongly disagree. That kind of repression is entirely unhealthy and can lead to some very bad outcomes.
</>
I'm not a big fan of excess emoji use either, but often they do help convey subtleties where the intent could be ambiguous, particularly on a global stage.

If that is real, I bought mine at the same place as you if you bought it in Keene. I ended up with an Applied Engineering memory card and drives as I couldn’t afford the Apple drives back in 1983...

I really enjoyed that machine, it is what got me through quite a bit of college.

I bought mine in 1981 and the photo shows it exactly as I have it today.
Still collecting hardware and software for it. It's what I learned on from the start of my career.

<taking off my admin/moderator hat for a moment>
"men are not supposed to show emotion" Respectfully and strongly disagree. That kind of repression is entirely unhealthy and can lead to some very bad outcomes.
</>
I'm not a big fan of excess emoji use either, but often they do help convey subtleties where the intent could be ambiguous, particularly on a global stage.

Strong words!💪
For us, 🦕, emojis :) are useful tools 🛠 to express subtleties 💣. Am I 🤟👇👉🖖🤙🤙🤞 clear?

I've got an old Apple II+ in the basement that I have not fired up in decades. Technically, it still belongs to Apple since they lent it to us in the late 70s to design a barcode reader for it. The project got redefined and all the people at Apple disappeared and left the computer behind. Years later, I took it home and let my 3 year old daughter play with it. I also ended up with a complete documentation library for the Apple II which I assume is still with the computer. Maybe I should go see if I can fire it up. It had a bunch of good games (for the 70s, that is).

Nice to see that some serious bugs has been resolved. In previous version letters and words were messed up when editing text in a mobile. -At least on my Android with Edge browser.
It is a lot easier to add files and photos now. However, I think support for mobiles could have been improved even more.

There seem to be two, possibly three conversations going on here. No emoji content since the comment is direct and subtly free.

When I used to be an employed member of society (pre-retirement) I would sign my emails with a skull and crossbones thingie.

Society has lost the fine art of the written word. If you need funny pictures then you have not properly written the content of your letter/email/etc and you should be ashamed of yourself. Your third grade teacher knew what she was talking about.🏴‍☠️

I bought mine in 1981 and the photo shows it exactly as I have it today.
Still collecting hardware and software for it. It's what I learned on from the start of my career.

Nice! In the early 80's I used DEC equipment (can't remember what model) for about a year when I tried my hand at a desk job writing some program routines (in CP/M?) in midtown Manhattan. I have a couple of the early 'portable' Mac Classic in their carry-cases (one with an external CD drive) - and all the packages from Apple accessories over the more 'recent' years - I have a hard time discarding things :D
IMG_20200519_080551.jpg
IMG_20200519_080035.jpg
IMG_20200519_080109.jpg
IMG_20200519_080049.jpg
IMG_20200519_080237.jpg

Back