Air filter element for Hormann housing HELP!

"Dr. Jeff - I am not generally a fan of foam filters. My understanding is they either flow or filter, but not both. I suppose this can be overcome with enough filter area. This is a good fall back idea"

Incidentally, foam filters flow and filter fine but they need to be oiled with the proper filter oil...View attachment 73593
I have some of that oil!

I have not flow tested any filters. I am only sharing the findings of David Vivard, who has tested many. He may be wrong, but I don't know of anyone more credible.

Chris

Last edited:
I have been using K&N and Uni filters since my dirt bike days last century. Have had Uni pods on my IDFs....noooo problem. Never used them dry but seems to me a dry one would be better than no filter.
K&N filters both filer and flow, even when caked with dirt. They are David Vizard's first choice. He prefers Motorcraft paper filters over all foam filters. The paper filter's flow degrades quickly as it fills with dust.

Last edited:
I have some of that oil!

I have not flow tested any filters. I am only sharing the findings of David Vivard, who has tested many. He may be wrong, but I don't know of anyone more credible.

Chris
You know that his shop is less than 3 hours away from where you are Chris... his shop is at 109 Mistywood drive, Mt Holly in North Carolina these days.

He's lived in the USA for the last 30 years or so, he was on the west coast Ca and Nv for many years, but moved to the southern states close to all the Nascar and NHRA engine shops

You know that his shop is less than 3 hours away from where you are Chris... his shop is at 109 Mistywood drive, Mt Holly in North Carolina these days.

He's lived in the USA for the last 30 years or so, he was on the west coast Ca and Nv for many years, but moved to the southern states close to all the Nascar and NHRA engine shops
He taught at a university in NC for many years. I thought he was still living in NV.

Chris

The 190E filter is clearly NOT the answer. I was hoping for a better fit as K&N makes a drop in replacement.

Hopefully, someone will see this post who has already solved this.

I'll keep looking.

20230527_155423.jpg

Back