Air Flow Meter Hose

budzinsk

1987 Bertone X1/9, 1986 Alfa Romeo Graduate
Hi. Does anyone know of a vendor who sells the Air Flow Meter Hose (between the intake and the air flow meter for a X1/9? I found a few used ones, but no new ones. I assume no one is remaking them, but thought I would ask.

If not, has anyone found a good way to fix a used one that has cracks in it?

Thanks!

Vick's has a replacement made of aluminum. I have one in a box somewhere. I never finished the project I purchased it for, so have never installed it. I looked it over and it seemed like a match to the original part, so I don't know what could go wrong. I will dig it out and install it on the 85 and see how it fits, etc.

Like Dave said, you can start with attempts to seal the cracks in your existing tube and see how it works out.

Jim's mention of an aluminum tube brings up a thought. You should be able to find the same dimensions in silicone hose - like the stuff they use on turbo systems. It comes in all manner of diameters (on either end), lengths, and angles.

127154C1.jpg

In a pinch I've sealed cracks in old air duct hoses with silicone sealant.

Thank guys. I want to keep it original so the Vicks kit won't work. It is good to know there is an option out there though. I think I will try and repair mine. Silicone may be the way to do it. Thanks!

Back