Al Cosentino's book: X19-STRADA-128 Race World

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
Al Cosentino's book: X19-STRADA-128 Race World ----- NO LONGER AVAILABLE!

Please read this posting as it is very important!

I recently was offered items that I believed in good faith were from the estate of the late Al Cosentino. In my attempt to find buyers for many of the high dollar items, with no profit to me but only to help out Al's widow, I have discover that these items are in fact most likely stolen property.

Consequently, all of my offers for these items are withdrawn. I have no wish or desire to receive or sell stolen property.
My advise is if you are offered or have recently been offered items that have just surfaced from the Cosentino estate, that you approach the offer very cautiously.

My apologies to all of those folks who's hopes are smashed by my offer withdrawal. If I again get offered any of these items by their actual owner, I will let those who expressed interest know.

Chris Obert

Please note this is a posting from a vendor...

Hi,

I have been offered some stuff from Al Cosentino. This is stuff he had at home in storage that didn't make it into the Australia deal (which is where everything else he had went to when he died).
One of the "interesting" items is copies of his 300 page X19-STRADA-128 Race World. I am being offered it by the case only.
A case has 30 books, and the seller wants $500 for a case. That's US $16.67 per book, plus incoming shipping and shipping back out to you.
No, I do not know what shipping will be. What it is is what it is.

The seller claims:
" these sold for $45ea in 1987 and as like all the books these are out of print and never will be printed again.".

So far I have interest in ONE book, so if you think you might be interested in a copy for yourself please let me know. We will need to get 29 more folks that want it as I am not going to sit on most of a case of Al's books...

If it happens, I can take pay pal or charge your credit card. Delivery addresses in the state of California will have to pay sales tax.

Chris Obert

Last edited:
Cases of books

I remember when I was at Al's house in 2003 he had so many cases of these books that they formed a staircase to the attic where all of the weber parts were kept. I climbed boxes to see what was up there. Cool stuff indeed. What else is being offered with this sale?

Heck, why not...

I'll take 2 books please. I already have a couple but this will keep my sons from stealing mine if they have one of their own.

Hey Chris, et al, is there still a "Book Rate"...

for shipping via USPS?

I couldn't find anything online but it wouldn't hurt to ask...

MORE INFO PLEASE

Is it a tech. manual, or a race history, how to set up suspension...engine, ...all of the above? please inform the unfamiliar, thank you.:)

Thank YOU! Media Mail from Santa Cruz to...

Santa Clarita is about $2.72 compared to about $6.50 for a 1 pound book in a large envelope.

Instead of 2 or 3 days it will take about 5 or so but usually they are prompt. The envelope MUST be marked MEDIA MAIL and I dunno if the PO has a stamp or what. Anyway, it appears shipping in this manner would be about half the cost.

If this book is anyting like his others, it will be...

ALL THE ABOVE, PLUS... loads of political and personal ramblings and rants.

To call Mr. Constantino "interesting" is an understatement...

With all this talk about media mail, Chris should probably clarify how he will send them out. He doesn't typically use USPS.

Santa Clarita is about $2.72 compared to about $6.50 for a 1 pound book in a large envelope.

Instead of 2 or 3 days it will take about 5 or so but usually they are prompt. The envelope MUST be marked MEDIA MAIL and I dunno if the PO has a stamp or what. Anyway, it appears shipping in this manner would be about half the cost.

Ill take one. I remember walking through one of his storage units when i bought my Campys from him. Think it was 2002. was amazing , so much stuff.

media postage

I've been told that you cannot send anything with advertising in it via "media postage", even old advertising. ??? Anyone know for sure?

Back