ALFA has arrived

That is one gorgeous car!

I knew it was coming eventually, hopefully they will bring the beautiful Brera here as was reported, will definitely get in line for that, AND for Fiat as well, lovin' the new "Nuova Cincuecento" (500) ;)

Beautiful car!!!..now lets see when are they bringing the new 500

specially in "Abarth clothing"!!..............i want one,,,Al

It is...

amazing......now Alfa is back, so that makes it just over 14 year that they were away, having sold the 164 with all wheel drive until that year, possibly longer. I think the Spider must have went away in 92 or 93 or so, maybe earlier. I've seen a bunch of 91 Veloces but don't recall seeing a 93 or beyond.

The 8C Competizione is going to sell for OVER 300K here, roughly the same price range is the Ferrari 599 Fiorano, which has 12 cylinders instead of the 8C's 8 and will likely spank it in performance, so likely too will the F430. Here are some more pictures.
http://www.automotionphoto.com/2008/11/alfa-romero-8c-competizione.html

I wonder where Alfa intends to fit it, the 8C is a fabulous car and just as exotic as any Ferrari (the sound is incredible), and just as expensive too. The other Alfas are going to be lower line, I think two others, probably just below Maserati line. But the 8C is certianly
not below the Maserati line in price! This could be confusing to the buying public.

None of these cars really make intuitive sense in the marketplace to the average buyer. That is, unless you are specifically looking for an exotic or Italian car.

Maybe the Fiat 500, if it makes it here, will have that intuitive appeal and help draw attention to all the others. This is typical of the lack of marketing and product strategy
in comparison to American and Japanese car manufacturers. Essentially, Fiat, with the new 500 went...."Hey it's SELLING!!! Let's send it to America!" The rest is an afterthought, and what a shame but likely the reason Italian cars, with the exception of Ferrari, and Fiat/Lancia/Alfa in the 70's, have otherwise done so poorly over here.

It would seem that Americans have become so utility oriented in their buying preferences, not just with cars, but in general. Products with absolutely not originality or uniqueness. All our cars look like melted candy bars. We don't buy things that smell good in the first, we buy products that get rid of bad odor's instead. We have full-grown men driving mini vans and casting a covetous eye even to something as unexotic as a Ford Mustang.

Last edited:
Back