Alitalia on BAT - auction is complete

Found a pic. Now, wouldn't this have been fun on BaT? Grandturismo MC GT4. Raced in Pirelli World Challenge. They wanted a reserve of like $35-40k or something like that. Uhh, nope.
Thing sounds amazing. Now sold though.

617725.jpg

Just a FYI, I almost bid on a BAT auction and found out that the buyer is responsible for some very high fees. The fee was high enough that it stopped me from bidding. I think it was 5% of the final sale price. I believe ebay and other sites charge the seller instead of the buyer. I'm not saying its better or worse but something to be aware of. With that said I love BAT and post all the time but not sure I would every buy a car through it.

For those of us that frequent Craigslist or ebay, 5% may seem high, but compare BAT to a major auction house like Barrett-Jackson. They charge 10 to 12% to the buyer and another 8% to the seller. Ouch! But for that money you do get a lot of hype out of the auction house. Different leagues for different players.

The wheels were made by a company in Oregon, Stock centers with stock offset on custom barrels. the fronts were 9" and rears 11" when I got them. They were actually too wide for my Dallara style fenders. I had them cut and re-welded. The fronts are now 8.25" and rears are 10" and now fit flush with the fenders. They are powder coated and the Fiat markings are painted on. The tires are 215 50/13's and 235 50/13 respectively. It was a hassle finding tires till recently. "Vitour" is selling the tires very inexpensively. My other options used to be Avon's or Hoosiers, Both stupid expensive.
View attachment 34507

Is Vitour the company selling 13" tires?...any link?..thanks

It's seems to be a long process to get all the stars aligned, but I'm hoping she posts by COB tomorrow. In the mean time, you can go in youtube and see the short "cold start" video which has some driving in it. And I would really appreciate well informed comments - good ones of course.

Nice car. You will miss it. I like the fact your passenger grab the door armrest most of the trip.

If you didn't did that already, I would swap your joystick/shifter for a regular ball or the beer tap, It's only a few minutes job and I think it will be more attractive to most buyers.

Yeah, I get that a lot. My BAT statement is that I am including a stock shifter mechanism and ball with the purchase. I reeeealy don't feel like switching that thing out. The shifter stalk is modified.

Last edited:
The very beginning and end passed the hair standing up on my neck test so well done.
I like your comments which matched about 110% of the build philosophy of my X, glad to see someone else "understands".

Just curious, what device did you use to record the road test?

A James Bond inspired E-Type "restomod" with a Ford (a Freakin' Ford!!!) engine sold for $185,000 the other day on BAT. The Alitalia might do very well.

Nice car. You will miss it. I like the fact your passenger grab the door armrest most of the trip.

If you didn't did that already, I would swap your joystick/shifter for a regular ball or the beer tap, It's only a few minutes job and I think it will be more attractive to most buyers.
I would have to concur... Seems like a lot of "throw" between shifts also... Nice video though, should do prety good on BAT. I've got a few bites on mine but nothing to write home about... Most people have no idea what they are even looking at and in my opinion, the ones that do are notorious for being on the cheap side when it comes to these cars... At the end of the day, I'll probably just keep her and build a bigger shop!

OK sports fans. I approved the draft of my ad with BAT. She should be posted by tomorrow at the latest.

I would have to concur... Seems like a lot of "throw" between shifts also... Nice video though, should do prety good on BAT. I've got a few bites on mine but nothing to write home about... Most people have no idea what they are even looking at and in my opinion, the ones that do are notorious for being on the cheap side when it comes to these cars... At the end of the day, I'll probably just keep her and build a bigger shop!
You know Stingray, I'm hoping the car appeals to anyone who takes a good look. Maybe we can pull in more folks to this amazing little design.
The very beginning and end passed the hair standing up on my neck test so well done.
I like your comments which matched about 110% of the build philosophy of my X, glad to see someone else "understands".

Just curious, what device did you use to record the road test?
GoPro Hero for recording inside the vehicle. Iphone outside and closing comments.

Alitalia was included in the morning email from BAT today! Here is the link.

I moved this thread over to FS&W to keep the conversation together as the auction goes forward. Good luck to tigeravg!

Back