Aluminum X1/9 front grill

TonyK

True Classic
Please check this form for the build of this grill.

For sale all aluminum Fiat X1/9 front grill, #27 in the series, $260 cash. Pick in person only at Freak Out 2022 The Woodlands Texas.

Come see me at the show. Currently I have some interest in this grill. If you are going to FFO 2022 and want it, PM me. If not, it may not make it to Texas.

TonyK.

IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0361.JPG
IMG_0362.JPG

Last edited:
Please check this form for the build of this grill.

For sale all aluminum Fiat X1/9 front grill, #27 in the series, $260 cash. Pick in person only at Freak Out 2022 The Woodlands Texas.

Come see me at the show. Currently I have some interest in this grill. If you are going to FFO 2022 and want it, PM me. If not, it may not make it to Texas.

TonyK.

Hi Tony, I sent you a PM. I'm interested. Thanks.

that thing is a piece of art, and a lot more durable that the plastic unobtainium ones...how it should have been made in the first place...
Unobtainium?
I still have stocks from the production run I had done on the original tooling!

Yes, Tony's grill is great. I agree any metal grill would potentially be more durable than the plastic, but also keep in mind that most folks need a grill because they hit something... And if you hit a metal grill, it would bend or break.
A metal grill would have cost Bertone more $$$ to make, which means they would have sold the car new for more. At the time, injection molding was the easiest way to make large parts cheaply, and in large quantities.

I tried but I missed out. It'll be a long while before I go small bumpers, so this one would have been a good replacement for mine.

If anyone wants to sell one of Tony's, let me know! :)

Back