Another Option for LED headlights ?

Those are great. They are the same product as previously described in this thread:

They just hit the market and I'm sure they will be a popular item, they've already begun to spread to more buying sources. Undoubtedly within a year you will find them for half the price from similar retailers, and a quarter that online from China (where they are actually manufactured). ;)

These are the ones I got from MWB, and they are currently listed as "in stock". The lens looks almost identical to the original sealed beams, but they are substantially brighter. For the money... I think these are an excellent "plug and play" upgrade.

Tom, the difference here is the use of LED bulbs vs incandescent (halogen). However I'm with you, I still prefer H4 lights like you have over the current LED options (just personal preference). But I love LEDs for everything other than the headlights. Maybe when the LED headlights that look "normal" become affordable then I might reconsider them...if the technology also continues to improve to make them work better. ;)

You could get the ones MWB sells and retrofit them with H4 LED replacements. NEG, these LEDs allow adjustment for right or left hand drive. You're still looking over $200 for headlights, but they would look amazing and last a long time.

You could get the ones MWB sells and retrofit them with H4 LED replacements. NEG, these LEDs allow adjustment for right or left hand drive. You're still looking over $200 for headlights, but they would look amazing and last a long time.
My apologies folks, I clicked on the wrong link. Mine "are" L.E.D.s

Corrected link below;

What's all that about needing a flow of air for cooling? Does that mean that are unhappy with lots of sitting still, as in stop lights? How much stationary use is too much? etc etc I was a little surprised at that comment, so I need more info.

Damn wish you guys had spoke up about Midewest conversion when I posted about Hella sealed beam conversions with LED bulbs...So are the midwest versions ALL glass, or plastic with glass lens?

Damn wish you guys had spoke up about Midewest conversion when I posted about Hella sealed beam conversions with LED bulbs...So are the midwest versions ALL glass, or plastic with glass lens?
They haven't always had them in stock. I've mentioned this before and when others checked the website the item was either deleted or they had temporarily pulled it off the site when they couldn't get them from their supplier. I'm almost positive they're "all" glass. And FWIW, I also had to radically adjust my headlights downward, after install.

Last edited:
What's all that about needing a flow of air for cooling? Does that mean that are unhappy with lots of sitting still, as in stop lights? How much stationary use is too much? etc etc I was a little surprised at that comment, so I need more info.
LED headlights typically run hotter than incandescents and usually require a heatsink. In some cars where the headlight buckets are sealed or have poor ventilation the heat can build up. Of course, that's no bueno. The X's headlight bucket is fairly well ventilated so for this particular application, it's not a problem.

LED's headlights are definitely on the list now. Everything else (almost) is swapped over. Getting to the right front marker light is a bear. I don't want to pull everything just to replace a bulb.

They look awful though. Just installing LED bulbs in a standard lens unit scatters light about hence them being an MoT failure over here. The Holley ones look to be purpose designed for LED bulbs, shame no R/H drive option…

They look awful though. Just installing LED bulbs in a standard lens unit scatters light about hence them being an MoT failure over here. The Holley ones look to be purpose designed for LED bulbs, shame no R/H drive option…
Do they look awful? I guess I‘d have to see them at night on the road, since I don’t drive in the daytime much when I‘d use them…

8D304A10-C40E-415A-B6AE-81DA7CC328EC.jpeg
9EAB942A-AD35-4EB4-827A-805A2BD99C18.jpeg

Back