Any one really, REALLY, want a 128 Rally?

It also does not have a heater box (not unusual when using DCOEs). Odd that there is no tach either. It is a beautiful car but for that price you would want a much more detailed description (130 hp from a 1300!). Also no roll bar or cage so I think the seller is just getting a little hyper on his description of the car as a racer. But it is stunning looking.

Yea, I did too. That's why I was surprised when I looked at the gauge cluster and saw it missing. Didn't the US rally come with a stand alone tach on top of the dash?

Yes they did, but its my understanding it was a dealer option.
Also , i have been told real euro rallies didnt came with the dash faux wood either....

It's nice.. Probably not a real Rally though.. No tach, no opening rear quarter windows, etc... I would like to see more specs to justify that kind of price, no mention of suspension, trans, .....
P.S. Why the Pirelli sticker if it's wearing Continental's? Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Agreed on the tach, rear quarters, dash trim. Rear bumper is from a later year I believe. The VIN number would tell the tale if the body is a real Rally.
The ad does mention (in cryptic form) transmission internals upgrade to close ratios, with synchro delete (?).
Also, the front strut top mount looks like it's toast, or the strut assembly is missing parts (the steel cup is sitting high).
A very cool car though. Price is definitely up there for a 128 (or any variety) but if you had someone restore (or restomod) a car to that level, the price wouldn't seem bad. Granted, there's a lot we haven't seen! 9 photos is ok for a $1000 car, but someone asking $18k would do well to document it better.

Agreed on the tach, rear quarters, dash trim. Rear bumper is from a later year I believe. The VIN number would tell the tale if the body is a real Rally.
The ad does mention (in cryptic form) transmission internals upgrade to close ratios, with synchro delete (?).
Also, the front strut top mount looks like it's toast, or the strut assembly is missing parts (the steel cup is sitting high).
A very cool car though. Price is definitely up there for a 128 (or any variety) but if you had someone restore (or restomod) a car to that level, the price wouldn't seem bad. Granted, there's a lot we haven't seen! 9 photos is ok for a $1000 car, but someone asking $18k would do well to document it better.

More pictures and maybe take it to Ebay or even BAT if they are serious about approaching $18K or even $10K :)

Syncro delete and close ratios could refer to a dog ring box. Rare indeed!

Back