Anybody got a hi-res Abarth Scorpion pic?

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
I am on a quest to replace the center caps on my wheels. These are Progressive wheels with a large-ish 67mm or so cap. Actually the "cap" is much larger than that but has a 67mm area cut out, in which resides a resin Progressive "P" (that looks a whole lot like a NHL teams symbol that I think Dan Sarandrea uses for his avatar).

Anyhow, my plan is to find a hi-res image of the scorpion symbol common on smaller wheel caps, and size it to the size I need, print it on photo paper, and encase the whole thing in resin in the "dish" of the wheel cap.

Might make more sense with a pic:

DSCF0062.jpg

I have searched the web and have only come up with lo-res images that look blocky and fuzzy when blown up to the size I need. Sure I could spend a bunch of time in Paint or something cleaning it up, but I'm hoping someone here has something.

Finally, any thoughts on what type of resin I should look for? I got some stuff called "Easy Cast" clear casting epoxy from a craft store, will this work? I believe it dries hard but I have heard the ones that dry hard have problems with UV yellowing. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

marine casting product

Easy Cast, although a fine product, will yellow when used outside. I would recommend a two part epoxy like “AeroMarine Crystal Clear Casting Resin”, found at http://www.jgreer.com/casting-resin.htm shop around but a marine casting product is made for exterior use.

54954232.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Not too late for a Happy New Year wish…….

Vincenzo dba enzomac
[/FONT]

Last edited:
a note..

this files can help, just download and play.

http://trazia.com/x19/abarth.html

the problem is when you pour the resin on paper, could be change the color on your picture because will wet with the liquid resin, when dry will look different coloration.

Hope on your Photo paper works fine or maybe if you go to any print shop and make your drawing as a sticker on vinyl, stick and then pour the resin. It will look professional :)

if you need higher resolution send me a PM with your e-mail to send the file by mail.

Thanks Ricardo!

These are a much better starting point than what I have.

I'll also take your advice about vinyl vs paper.

Pete

Beautiful car by the way. Sorry I can't help, but what about a vinyl sticker and just using a clear coat paint over that. Don't know if that's possible with what your working with, but just a thought.

Back