Anybody see Mondays episode of Misfit Garage?

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
Some old fart on there sold a 58 Fairlane to those guys. He looked vaguely familiar... :hmm2:

Pete

Edit: Ok so no one seems to be picking up on this, the old fart was me. :0

Last edited:
Never seen the show.

Care to elaborate on the story? We are always up for a good story. :)

Not much of a story to tell

Misfits Garage is a spin-off of Fast & Loud, a mutual friend who has sold cars to both F&L and Misfits told them about my Fairlane, which was kind of a stalled project. Thomas Weeks (show host) and Tom Schmidt (goofy mechanic guy) came out the Saturday before Memorial day and bought the car, then had the film crew out for the re-enactment the following Tuesday. Yes, it's true, reality shows like that are re-enactments, not the actual event. :eek: I guess I'm an ok actor because people said they thought it was the original sale.

Pete

I saw ya, Pete!

This is the one area of the car flipping shows that I don't like, these guys show up and try to steal the car with a lowball to the current owner, they throw it on a trailer and take it back to their shop, then sell it for double without doing anything to the car.

I was trying to ID the dark red car that was in the background in some of the shots....

That was the 037 project

You can see a lot of different pieces of it if you look close. The Yamaha SHO motor that's going in it is behind the Ford in some shots, the front and rear clamshells are visible when I'm pulling the car out of the shop. Also visible then is the Lancia with the tractor behind it. The back half of the car is cut off and some of the tube frame is in place, but not enough to mount the suspension. So in order to move it, I had to pick up the back end with the tractor bucket.

In some shots you could see my old X1/9 race car, next to the Ford. It's mostly buried under other stuff right now so you had to look close.

Pete

Nice peak into Casa de Pete!

I record all my fav car shows..to allow fast forward past ads.
Including Pete's 15 minutes of fame...looking like a natural.
Very nice to see video of Xweb Luminary!

Now gotta get 'em all watched/deleted so I can record upcoming
Bareash-Jackup auctions...40 hours of airtime...20 hours of real content.

Back