Anyone have a picture of what proper/correct/actually useful door seals look like?

tdskip

True Classic
Hello and Happy Holidays all!

The wind noise and drafts are finally getting on my nerves and I was hoping someone had a picture of what the upper door seals are supposed to look like handy.

Thanks.

Hello and Happy Holidays all!

The wind noise and drafts are finally getting on my nerves and I was hoping someone had a picture of what the upper door seals are supposed to look like handy.

Thanks.
When you find out, let me know how to shut the door with the window rolled up all the way. Can’t do that, currently, as the window gets stopped by the targa’s liner :/

I took these photos and measurements of my original weatherstripping, when researching alternative options.
20190803_140908.jpg20190803_140914.jpg20190803_140925.jpg20190803_141442.jpg20190803_141903.jpg20190803_142538.jpgoem weather strip.jpeg
I found this to be the closest match on Ebay...
The vendor was FlextorUSA The description on my order listed the item as 10ft Rubber Seal Protector weatherstripping edge decorate (Item no 143123023308)

Unfortunately, I could not find the exact item on Ebay, just now.
This was the closest I could find to what I bought. I'm very happy with it!

Ciao amici,

We have many happy X 1/9 clients with our NEW doorseals and separate corners we sell about 15 years now
The corners are a new production, the doorseals are thick quality from a manufacturer in Torino/Italy with great quality
The doorseals close perfect and the corners prevent any wind or water coming in.....we are very happy with this product

regards,

Henk Martens
www.x19partsholland.nl

1608623806083.png1608623826090.png1608623846901.png1608623863669.png

Last edited:
Ciao amici,

We have many happy X 1/9 clients with our NEW doorseals and separate corners we sell about 15 years now
The corners are a new production, the doorseals are thick quality from a manufacturer in Torino/Italy with great quality
The doorseals close perfect and the corners prevent any wind or water coming in.....we are very happy with this product

regards,

Henk Martens
www.x19partsholland.nl

View attachment 40228View attachment 40229View attachment 40230View attachment 40231
Do you have a direct link to the product/price on your website? Thanks.

Thank you for all of the responses. Turns out I have the wrong seals which explains why the car feels like I am in the middle of a hurricane.

When you find out, let me know how to shut the door with the window rolled up all the way. Can’t do that, currently, as the window gets stopped by the targa’s liner :/
FYI Chris Obert is also a vendor of long standing for Fiat parts (Fiat Plus now also known as C Obert and Company) He has lots of OE products.

Henk is another long time vendor, specifically of X parts.

Both are good people to buy from.

I am no longer much of a fan of supporting Ebay based businesses. Buy from people you can actually put a face, a value and a name to.

I think there is a list of vendor websites and other handy links here somewhere...at least I think I saw one once.

FYI Chris Obert is also a vendor of long standing for Fiat parts (Fiat Plus now also known as C Obert and Company) He has lots of OE products.

Henk is another long time vendor, specifically of X parts.

Both are good people to buy from.

I am no longer much of a fan of supporting Ebay based businesses. Buy from people you can actually put a face, a value and a name to.
Thanks - I’ve been pretty much dealing with all of them. Whoever answers questions nicely, timely, and has the product usually gets the business, regardless of cost. Customer service still counts for something.

Got these installed (thanks Chris) and wow! I was needlessly “suffering” all these years.

Thanks for the help gentlemen.

I took these photos and measurements of my original weatherstripping, when researching alternative options.
View attachment 40219View attachment 40220View attachment 40221View attachment 40222View attachment 40224View attachment 40225View attachment 40227
I found this to be the closest match on Ebay...
The vendor was FlextorUSA The description on my order listed the item as 10ft Rubber Seal Protector weatherstripping edge decorate (Item no 143123023308)

Unfortunately, I could not find the exact item on Ebay, just now.
This was the closest I could find to what I bought. I'm very happy with it!

Did you only do the back window, or did you also replace the door stripping?

This is the door seal weatherstripping that runs from the top of the A pillar down under the door sill, up the back of the doors and over the targa bar. It can be made up from 1 long piece, 2 pieces (with a seam in the middle of the targa bar) or 3 pieces (if you have "Corner Blocks") but regardless, it's the same profile for all of it. And this is completely different than the seal for the rear window. I did not have to replace my rear window seal.

Here are two pictures of my door weather stripping. The passenger door closes, and is the less round, narrower sample. The newer, larger, rounder sample is the driver’s door, which does not close. Wonder why. lol.
Anyway - does anyone have a photo sample of the MWB aftermarket stripping, or anything else which actually works?

B22B0C26-1490-479F-B601-B4A25E79177E.jpeg 9E3C11B9-6BA5-4BEC-AA94-9537981201B1.jpeg

This is the door seal weatherstripping that runs from the top of the A pillar down under the door sill, up the back of the doors and over the targa bar. It can be made up from 1 long piece, 2 pieces (with a seam in the middle of the targa bar) or 3 pieces (if you have "Corner Blocks") but regardless, it's the same profile for all of it. And this is completely different than the seal for the rear window. I did not have to replace my rear window seal.
Sorry, I meant above the window, aka where your photo showed, the Targa Top back. Because that sample picture you found on ebay looks just as big as the replacement stuff someone ran around my driver’s door, which is too big to allow it to close completely.

Last edited:
Back