Anyone have a slide arm for an AC control unit

toddr124

Hagerstown, MD
I have 3 push button AC control heads. All have broken slide arms for the temperature control. Anyone have a spare they are willing to sell or trade for?

Hey Todd, your picture does not show for me so I'm not certain which arm are you are referring to. Is it the 'handle' (extension) part that you grab to slide the lever, or the 'pivoting' lever inside that the handle attaches to?

The pivot leveler. Tried posting a picture, but it appears I am not smart enough to post a picture.

Was waiting to see it Dr.Jeff had one for sale. If not, I have a unit with levers I would be willing to part with.
My memory says it is usable.
I am knocked off for the evening but if interested will dig it out and post a pic.

Unfortunately I do not have that lever. That was why I asked which part you needed because I do have the other bit, which is very common to break off. Sorry I can't help, but hope the Dragon Man can.

Since Todd and I like to give each other grief, I was going to suggest the right move would be an AC control that would be attached to an early Miata. Good AC and a very similar driving experience but I'm not that kind of guy any more and won't suggest it.

I have removed all the AC parts, but it is easier to just use the AC head.

Cliff's side is also broken. I thank him for looking, but I still need one.

Anyone?

I have removed all the AC parts, but it is easier to just use the AC head.
In addition to this arm breaking, I also don't care for the vacuum controls on the AC control head. If I were to remove all of the AC equipment I'd consider also swapping the heater box for a non-AC version. That will eliminate several weak points on it. Plus the vent set-up on the non-AC version works better.

Drop the car off at my garage and I'll spend a week cursing and bandaging my fingers and do the swap for you.
And that's one step higher than offering to have a colonoscopy for you.

I have that arm - I bought it from Bayless & never bothered installing it, as I found the heater valve is stuck wide open.

Do you still need it?

EDIT: need to get in the garage and find it, of course....

Back