Anyone need a PBS X1/9 dual DCNF manifold? I've got one.

RJ80

True Classic
Hi all,

A while back, I bought a PBS X1/9 intake manifold with a set of 40 DCNFs attached to it. I bought the set for the carbs, in case I wanted to go down to 40s from 42s on my Scorpion. The carbs ended up being in worse shape than I thought and will require some work, but the manifold is completely usable as is. Just needs some cleaning after sitting on a shelf for decades.

I suspect this is the "split the difference" style manifold, which works for either 128 or X1/9 by compromising on the incline angle of the two engines. That said, the guy I bought it from told me he did very well with it for years on a 1500 X in SCCA Solo II events on the east coast in the 1980s and never found it was holding his car back.

Any serious interest, I'm happy to post photos. $100 shipped in the U.S.? I'm not likely to have another X1/9 for some time, so I'd rather not have this manifold sitting when it can go to someone who can use it.

By the way, I also have some other hardware from this dual DCNF setup if anyone needs something: throttle linkage, fuel lines with banjo bolts, K&N chrome DCNF air filters, phenolic spacers and an old Napa fuel pressure regulator. Basically, everything you need to put dual 40 DCNFs on your X1/9, minus the actual DCNFs. Buy a set of new or rebuilt carbs plus this package and you'll be ready to bolt on and go. PM me with interest, please.

Thanks,
Rory
IMG_1126.jpg IMG_1125.jpg IMG_1128.jpg IMG_1129.jpg

Last edited:
The manifold and spacers are now sold, thanks Erwin. Everything else is still up for grabs.

Knowing how much Erwin loves fuel injection, I see a dual DCNF throttle body setup coming.

Everything offered here is now sold excepting the K&N DCNF air filters. $75 buys both of those including shipping (they cost about $100 each brand new). I'd keep them for my 42s, but I'm going to have an airbox custom built instead.

Back