Approved sneak preview of header and exhaust system

so cal mark

True Classic
I know Rey leaked the first pics last week of the new X exhaust, but here are some approved pics and specs.
16 gauge tubing, equal length tubes, flange welded on both sides, stepped tube design for excellent torque in all rpm ranges, will fit a/c models. Collector exits in the stock headpipe location. The system is 2" tubing with a Hushpower HP2 muffler. Catalyst can easily be fitted if needed. The system will feature a dual tip option. The system uses the stock hanger location on each side. Easy installation on both the header and complete system.
If the dual outlet option is ordered, a template for cutting the left valance is included.

I see an A/C compressor in the pic so presumable this header is designed for use on A/C cars? If so, kudos. Never understood why all headers weren't so designed.

What is the primary length? Looks like a 4>1 setup. Given any thought to doing a 4>2>1 system? That should offer even better performance over a 4>1 design.

Cheers,

///Mike

no plans for stainless at this time, just too expensive. We don't need a 4-2-1 setup with the stepped tube design. The smaller primary tubes create the same effect.

They will be offered with ceramic coating as an option, just like the spider setup. It holds up very well and looks awesome, Im constantly getting compliments on my spider setup. They were also specificallly designed to fit cars with a c, I installed the a c hardware on my car before it went in to be used for this build. Cant wait to see the finished product.

OUTSTANDING work, Mark...

... and these will sell for only $125.00 with a FREE muffler and exhaust tip of our choice???

HAHAHA!

I personally don't care for the "dual" exhaust, that is left and right... but that is easily eliminated. I think a single, say 2 1/2" tip, leaving the muffler and exiting the stock RH location would be more "tasteful" and appropriate for the car.

Do consider building one for Bob Brown outta stainless though, with an O2 bung... and give him a SENIOR discount... I'm sure he will just have-to-have-it... POLISHED, of course...

You betcha!

... Do consider building one for Bob Brown outta stainless though, with an O2 bung... and give him a SENIOR discount... I'm sure he will just have-to-have-it... POLISHED, of course...

If you ever do consider building one from stainless, I'd seriously consider it. I can get stainless stock cheap enough if you can weld it together for the same price. Gotta be stainless....

Mark gets some figures going soon...

and let us know the pricing. I would be very interested in the SS as well if you need to get some pre-orders going.

But a plug n play system that works around the a/c and use the stock hanger location :woot:

it's not a problem to do it in stainless, I just didn't want to price it out of reach of most owners

you can certainly purchase the header alone, but we built the exhaust system for it. Anything else you wanted to attach to it would be a custom installation.

I'd like to see a stainless price....

I would be seriously tempted to get one if it is indeed plug and play except for the cutting of the left panel...

Its my understanding that there are options, or at least they were discussed at the shop. I think it was, a left or right exit option due to us and euro cars being different. Also recall an option for both exits. Things might have changed, hope not.

... and the price will be...

XXX for the SS version

YYY for the steel version

ZZZ for the steel hot-coated version

Interested too

Price and availability?

After going back through the archives I guess a true dual exhaust setup 4-2-2 is a really bad idea, and I hate to put my rusty and patched headers back on.

I do have a dual outlet muffler I bought for the Uno conversion, so I guess I could do a 4-2-1-2 setup if these won't be available for some time..

Back