ARP Studs work!

tigeravg

True Classic
Yup, ARP studs # 207-4201 will work on our 10 bolt 1500"s (same pitch and size). I had to drop a large-ish steel ball-bearing in the rear 5 thread holes to take up some slack, then have the rear perches milled down about 3/8" (could need more for your own head...mine had the crap already shaved off it). Torqued down like buttuh. Here's a pick of one of the rear studs. Paid $78 for the entire kit (previously opened but new) delivered from fleabay and the bearings cost about $1.00 each. Milling cost $60 at my local machine shop. For a bit more cash than it would be for a new set of stock hardware, (my studs and bolts were trashed) this set up fits the bill. No comparison to stock. Note the nice allen slots for easy change-out.
IMG_4698.jpg

Although I have not mounted them yet (engine build is still underway), I also found a set on eBay for about the same price (also opened but complete...wonder if we had the same seller). If I recall, that is a Mitsubishi kit?

Any idea how close the milling came to water passages?

Although I have not mounted them yet (engine build is still underway), I also found a set on eBay for about the same price (also opened but complete...wonder if we had the same seller). If I recall, that is a Mitsubishi kit?

Any idea how close the milling came to water passages?
Yup, same set for the Mitsu. Machinest said plenty of material prior to water jackets for the 3/8" I needed to have milled.

Yup, ARP studs # 207-4201 will work on our 10 bolt 1500"s (same pitch and size). I had to drop a large-ish steel ball-bearing in the rear 5 thread holes to take up some slack, then have the rear perches milled down about 3/8" (could need more for your own head...mine had the crap already shaved off it). Torqued down like buttuh. Here's a pick of one of the rear studs. Paid $78 for the entire kit (previously opened but new) delivered from fleabay and the bearings cost about $1.00 each. Milling cost $60 at my local machine shop. For a bit more cash than it would be for a new set of stock hardware, (my studs and bolts were trashed) this set up fits the bill. No comparison to stock. Note the nice allen slots for easy change-out.
.View attachment 24006

Very trick.

And BTW, dropped the cam box gasket in a hot bucket of water. Worked like a charm, mated up perfectly and stayed flat to the metal while I mounted the cam.

Back