As the Godfather said...

Thanks for the added info.
By the way, the reason I'm intrigued by the one piece rear lid is because I'd like to do something like that on one of my project X's. I haven't decided if I will retain the stock covers or fab something from scratch. So this one is helpful to get ideas.

Damn! I'm out of town this weds Mike but cannot wait to see and experience that car!!

I will be on that mini vacation on Puget Sound with a side trip to pick up the 4 speed parts from Seattle!

Maybe we can do PIR the week after?

How is the exhaust routed in this? 4-1 straight out the rear? is there any muffler system in it at all? I can't see how that would fit behind that FEAD system. (FEAD is a term we use at work, Front End Accessory Drive referring to the belt driven components.)

How is the exhaust routed in this? 4-1 straight out the rear? is there any muffler system in it at all? I can't see how that would fit behind that FEAD system. (FEAD is a term we use at work, Front End Accessory Drive referring to the belt driven components.)

V6 motor, so 3-into-1 on both sides.
Both into GM crossflow muffler, 1 outlet. t
Transversely mounted in approx OE X location.
Previously had louder exhaust with 2 outlets.
Still rowdy, but now not deafening.

V6 motor, so 3-into-1 on both sides.
Both into GM crossflow muffler, 1 outlet. t
Transversely mounted in approx OE X location.
Previously had louder exhaust with 2 outlets.
Still rowdy, but now not deafening.

I guess it all fits. I wrote this before reading on seeing all the V6 comments. Also that header looks like it could have a 4th primary hidden behind the cross member. The gap is much larger then without that imaginary cylinder.

I took a PDF copy of the informational web page in case it vanishes someday.

Attachments

• Wayne Wright's X1_9 V6.pdf
    360.8 KB · Views: 99
Back