Auto Italia magazine June '22 - Bertone & X1/9 mention...

Ics19

belle macchine!

The new issue 316 has a news item on Bertone archives being digitized - will be interesting to see if they're made available to the general public:
1651655813243.png

Also, there's a (very) brief mention of the X1/9 in the same vein as a Dino 246 as part of the sports car shortlist for this issues special "Greatest Ever Italian Cars" feature:
1651655777681.png

"When it comes to mid-engined sportsters, the Dino 246 GT and Fiat X1/9 ride the wedge epoch, each offering a stunning vision of the future through 1960s and 1970s spectacles, respectively."

True for the Fiat, but the Dino wasn't wedge shaped and certainly wasn't forward-looking in 1968 with regard to its styling. It was the shape of past and then-contemporary sports racers (beautiful as it was).

True for the Fiat, but the Dino wasn't wedge shaped and certainly wasn't forward-looking in 1968 with regard to its styling. It was the shape of past and then-contemporary sports racers (beautiful as it was).
I haven't read the article, but I wonder if they intended to mean this Dino:
1974-Ferrari-308-GT4.jpg

Nice car. I'll probably never own one but I've got GT4 specific DCNFs (#47) on my X. Didn't know that when I bought them but I looked the numbers up in my Weber reference and it showed that DCNF 45, 46, 47, and 48 (one number for each engine position) were used on the USA version of the 308 GT4.

I love the look of the GT4. I would love to see someone take this car and really modernize it. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I love the look of the GT4. I would love to see someone take this car and really modernize it. I would buy one in a heartbeat.
I agree. I recall a few years ago there was one that the owner "restomodded". It had a blown engine and some trans issues so he swapped the drivetrain for a hopped up Subaru. Plus lots of other mods to the car that made it look amazing in my opinion.

Next issue 318 to feature 50 years of the X1/9 - on sale 7th July :D

1654024091138.png

The current issue 317, has a three page write-up on the Lancia Rally 037 for its 40th birthday...

Back