Backlit Gauges

It would be easier if you just converted over to metric ;)
I so wish. It was what I was taught as a child. cuisenaire rods were my first introduction to the metric system in Kindargarten, in 1965 in Connecticut. What the hell happened to us?

Stan, if you're reading this, I'd like to buy 5 complete sets if we can sort out a USD price for them. (and the price doesn't get crazy expensive)
Best I've seen... Would ne nice if he made MPH as well.

Bob, add one for me 6 instead of 5, please

Yves

cuisenaire rods were my first introduction to the metric system in Kindargarten
Wait, you mean those weren't just wood blocks to play with? My teacher must have thought I was a genius for calculating advanced mathematics, when all I was doing was building a log house with them.

"Cuisenaire rods were my first introduction to the metric system "
No wonder where I went wrong in life

I seem to recall back in the 70's there was a big push to convert everything in America to metric. I'm not sure if that was before Carter was president or during, and I have absolutely no interest in politics so I don't know if he was a part of that drive or not. But obviously it never materialized much. About the biggest outcome I can think of is many American cars having a random mix of SAE and metric fasteners. I don't think there has been much effort since then to go all metric nationally unfortunately.

I recall the Carter administration was pushing for conversion to metric but it did not get much traction. The last few American cars I've bought use metric. That may be because many models are manufactured and sold globally now.

That may be because many models are manufactured and sold globally now.
Or because they are sourcing less costly hardware for overseas? Of course all of the foreign cars that are now made in American plants retain their metric format.

American cars have been metric since the late 80s for the most part aside from the old boat anchors they put into the engine compartments that hadn’t been retooled.

Well, not completely. By that I mean many American vehicles have had a mix of metric and SAE stuff all over them. However I have extremely limited experience with American vehicles so it might have just been the few I've worked on.

Since just about all cars that I can think of use Schrader valves for their tires (specified in inches), there cannot be many all metric cars out there. Then there is the wheel diameter specified in inches as well. Not sure about the cigarette lighter socket standard.

Have any of you noticed that Auto stores are still selling American sized wrenches and hardware?
LOL, there hasn't been a car made with American sized hardware since the early 1970's.
When do you think they'll get the hint? ...

Have any of you noticed that Auto stores are still selling American sized wrenches and hardware?
LOL, there hasn't been a car made with American sized hardware since the early 1970's.
When do you think they'll get the hint? ...

Just bleed the brakes on the X and another track car with wilwoods also. Took me forever to find a 1/4 box wrench. What are they thinking.

so @dcioccarelli - are you still in Poland and are you open to doing a purchase of these and shipping them to the states (and/or elsewhere) ? If so, I also would like to put in an order for a set. These are spectacular and would love a set. I'll even volunteer to be the "hub" in the states, although with @bbrown requesting 5 sets, maybe he'd be the better choice. Thanks.

so @dcioccarelli - are you still in Poland and are you open to doing a purchase of these and shipping them to the states (and/or elsewhere) ? If so, I also would like to put in an order for a set. These are spectacular and would love a set. I'll even volunteer to be the "hub" in the states, although with @bbrown requesting 5 sets, maybe he'd be the better choice. Thanks.

I'm in for group buy
Yves

Hi all,

a bit of an update. So I'm certainly still in Poland and I can certainly buy some sets of gauges for our members and forward them, but I'd like to clear up any potential misunderstandings first. So currently it will be very difficult for me to ship the gauge sets due to the coronavirus: things are very restricted at the moment. Ideally, I'd wait until I get back to Germany to send them, but I have no idea when that will be. I'd also take @darwoodious up on his offer to act as a hub, otherwise we will burn money on shipping.

Once we know how many sets we need, I will get my wife (who is Polish) to contact the seller to see if we can get a bulk discount.

The other thing is I have never actually seen these gauges and have absolutely no affiliation with the seller. So if they are rubbish or don't show up, I can't accept any financial liability as I am making no money out of this at all. Of course I would do everything I could do to pursue the seller if there were issue, but I obviously couldn't reimburse the buyers. That said, it sounds like Ulix knows a happy buyer so it should be fine. Also, as I have no affiliation with the seller, I can't manage any special requests like MPH or alternator gauges. I'm simply acting as a forwarder here (although I can attempt to ask for MPH as this is obviously a common request).

So with all of that in mind, for anyone who would like a set should register on the page below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fcVCpwTqhDEmfCKxBVS_ldIub_rP9FfadAphNAQQ8H4/edit?usp=sharing

I won't request any money until such time as I know when I'll be in a position to send and when I have an idea of the shipping costs. But I can certainly begin the diglogue with the seller once I have more of an idea of the quantity we will be ordering.

Cheers,
Dom.

Dom,
What would be interesting to know is if they are willing to make changes to the design or not.
My friend who ordered the gauges tried to get them to extend the tach scale and change the rpm where the red area starts.
But apparently the language barrier was to great to get that across.

Back