Battery terminal connector - anyone using one of these?

I would prefer to keep what is on the battery as simple as possible due to the potential for corrosion, especially for smaller gauge wires. A distribution block away from the battery box would avoid the issue.

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
Agree with Don. You don't want all of those wires connecting to the battery post terminal. MUCH better approach would be to add one very heavy gage lead to a separate power post, then add all of your extra power take-offs from there. There's lots of power distribution post styles to choose from. Here's just a couple:
61z-bNiJCzL._AC_SS450_.jpg

download (1).jpg

4_stud_bus_bar_main__iMF1V (1).jpg

tvmaster

True Classic
Agree with Don. You don't want all of those wires connecting to the battery post terminal. MUCH better approach would be to add one very heavy gage lead to a separate power post, then add all of your extra power take-offs from there. There's lots of power distribution post styles to choose from. Here's just a couple:
View attachment 63082
View attachment 63083
View attachment 63084
I have one of those, although deciding where to put it is my dilema. I've looked at the frunk wall near the battery and inside behind the Bertone passenger filler panel. I like the frunk as it's simple and closeby, which would keep fuse lengths at a minimum. But anything added in there could look 'junky'? hmm

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
I have one of those, although deciding where to put it is my dilema. I've looked at the frunk wall near the battery and inside behind the Bertone passenger filler panel. I like the frunk as it's simple and closeby, which would keep fuse lengths at a minimum. But anything added in there could look 'junky'? hmm
I mounted mine under the passenger side dash, on the bottom of the battery box (above the footwell). So it is behind the fuse box on a 1500 X. That puts it right between the battery terminals and the fuse/relay box, where all of the power wires on the distribution will go. Your '74 is completely different under there so I can't say how that would work for you. But my take is this is only a connection point for wires, and not a fuse or relay panel or other item that will need to be serviced. So once it is installed I won't need access to it and would rather it be out of the way - both from contact (as might happen in the frunk) and visually.

kmead

Glutton for punishment
On an early car putting it behind the Bertone filler panel is great in that it is hidden and unlikely to come in contact with anything untoward. The issue is where do you need it to be to provide power to the things you need to power. If it needs to be in the frunk then put it there. Perhaps one in each place so you can have easily accessed power for the passenger compartment and in the frunk?

There is room behind the glovebox on a late car so I will have one there.

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
The issue is where do you need it to be to provide power to the things you need to power.
Exactly. In my case I added all of the new "upgrades" relays and such to the stock fuse box and rewired the car accordingly. So having the power distribution close to the fuse box was ideal. That also allows easy addition of power feeds with the existing "brown" wires to the fuse panels if desired (which I did).

tvmaster

True Classic
On an early car putting it behind the Bertone filler panel is great in that it is hidden and unlikely to come in contact with anything untoward. The issue is where do you need it to be to provide power to the things you need to power. If it needs to be in the frunk then put it there. Perhaps one in each place so you can have easily accessed power for the passenger compartment and in the frunk?

There is room behind the glovebox on a late car so I will have one there.
I have four, maybe five red leads that mostly originate in the frunk. It’s possible, with some major fishing, I could get them inside the cabin. There’s some room on an early car, up and behind the glove box as well - so that’s possible. But for sheer simplicity, in the frunk is likely the spot.

lookforjoe

True Classic
My main junction is in the Frunk. It is ungainly though, even more so now with the Honda ELD circuit

I incorporated a 'mighty' fuse at the same time.

old version
E621-C3-EA-CF49-4129-82-AA-FBD9-C70762-F6.jpg

K24 swap version
IMG-20200112-150101.jpg

tvmaster

True Classic
My main junction is in the Frunk. It is ungainly though, even more so now with the Honda ELD circuit

I incorporated a 'mighty' fuse at the same time.

old version
E621-C3-EA-CF49-4129-82-AA-FBD9-C70762-F6.jpg

K24 swap version
IMG-20200112-150101.jpg
Very hardcore/industrial - makes the car look more mighty :) It's likely I'll have to frunk-it as well. Never thought of sticking relays on the battery cover though. Hmmm... let me think about that.

Last edited: