Be carefull and ask for good pictures when buying parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janis

True Classic
I bought a steering wheel from @martijn, which he mentioned was in good condition.

What is good? Meaning of this word depends on interpretatoon and honesty.

If there is missing part pf material in most visible spot, it should be mentioned in word or pictures.

Always before I sell anything to anyone, I tell and show all the defects I know or can find.

Let's keep this comunity honest.
E15343A9-2C79-48D5-ADD4-632FE83675B7.jpeg

675993EE-A6D7-4016-86A2-F5C96F2F9DD9.jpeg

I think it s fair if your not satisfied with a product you contact me first in private so we can see if we can sort this out. Thats how you handle stuff properly, instead of a public post first. You can always post something if we couldnt work something out :(

You can always mention honest condition of a product in private at first place, so I would not have a reason to make this thread.

Sorry, Martijn!

I have to say you are both right.

Description and pics should have been more accurate. But I believe Martijn was honest and what is "good" depend on the point of view.

On the other side, Martijn is right in saying that the problem should be resolved between the 2 parties before posting on the forum. If the problem isn't solved to the satisfaction of the buyer, then using the forum is one way of complaining, even then the few who had to do something similar in the past didn't mention the seller identity at first.

I hope you two will find a solution to @mkmini satifsfaction.

Sorry if I stole the moderators job!

I can clearly see that damage in the original advertisement photo, but I suppose it should have been mentioned as well. I will usually try to make right with the seller privately, then come here if I'm not successful (although usually that results in me being admonished by mods).

Not to take sides as I don't know either party but I have been buying new and used car parts all my life. Stating an item as good is not nearly the same as stating an item as excellent or like new. As mkmini says one man's good can be totally different than anothers but IMHO good is good, not great.

Mount the wheel and drive your X for a week and you won't even notice the chipped leather anymore.

This is a public review about my disappointment to help others in future avoid their disappointments.

We had private conversation before the deal. Why we should talk about this in private?

Review is public, that's all.

Description and pics should have been more accurate. But I believe Martijn was honest and what is "good" depend on the point of view.

On the other side, Martijn is right in saying that the problem should be resolved between the 2 parties before posting on the forum. If the problem isn't solved to the satisfaction of the buyer, then using the forum is one way of complaining, even then the few who had to do something similar in the past didn't mention the seller identity at first.

There also was only one who first told us that he had bad experience with @fiatfactory

there always is that first one who isn't shy about that was trusting too much and get disappointment in the end

Daniel pretty much sums it up. Welcome to the internet. :)

Points are made. I am closing this thread.
I've been asked to explain why...
Reason is because all points pertaining to the issue were made without the conversation becomming an issue to the Seller. Historically, leaving a thread like this open turns into a "free for all" of opinions that denigrate the seller or buyer or others not involved. I think the points were made fairly and want the conversation to end fairly. Hope you all understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back