Been a while since I've visited, been working on a kit car

AleX1/9

Has the sickness
It's been a couple years I think since I've posted. It looksl like the xweb community is alive and well! I still have an X1/9, but have been working on something else for a while

It's a DF Kitcar "goblin" which is based on a chevy cobalt donor. The guys that sell the kit are out of the Dallas Ft Worth area (hence the name) and run a machining business making custom aircraft parts. Check out my build thread here

http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/alex1-9s-city-goblin-07-ss-sc-donor.144/

or, check out the smoking tire's feature on youtube

That looks like it will be fun. Plenty of work there. Plenty of re engineering on lots of those connections, seems like a few inches of additional wheelbase would have made some things much easier.

Nice work and looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Wonder how it would do in the dunes with some paddle sand tires?

They do have an off-road prototype they're calling the GoblinAT! It's sporting jacked up suspension and the radiator moved to the back. ATV style tires, but paddles would be cool too!

Before I set out on this project I considered buying a race car chassis or sand rail and building that, but the goblin was a wayyy better choice

As soon as i posted the comment I thought about the suspension needing tweaking. I used to go to Glamis and Pismo dunes way back when I was younger. The bunch I feel in with ran Renaults so I followed suit. Now anything with open rails I automatically think dune buggy. I have often wondered how a fiat would do as a buggy. Did the frame come assembled or did you weld it together?

Back