bell housing/engine block dimensions

pafiat

True Classic
Hi, Does anyone have accurate dimensions (good enough for the CNC universe) of the gearbox/block interface? I'm after the bolt and dowel spacings with respect to each other and the crankshaft centre?
Rgds Pat

Would that be to install a better gearbox onto the X engine, or to mount a better engine onto the X trans? :p

:)

Don't they have a LOT of torque? Will the X's trans hold it? Perhaps the controller can be programed to act like a launch control to slow the torque transfer rate?

If you have a transmission handy, I suggest taking it to a measurement facility that can use a FARO arm or something similar (it shouldn't cost too much). Scan the center and bolt pitch and even trace the outside of the transmission. You can then use the data in CAD to create an adapter. I've used these before, quite handy.

I don't think you'll find geometry anywhere - and frankly, I wouldn't trust the measurements.

1614619067871.png

If you have a transmission handy, I suggest taking it to a measurement facility that can use a FARO arm or something similar (it shouldn't cost too much). Scan the center and bolt pitch and even trace the outside of the transmission. You can then use the data in CAD to create an adapter. I've used these before, quite handy.

I don't think you'll find geometry anywhere - and frankly, I wouldn't trust the measurements.

View attachment 43882
Welding robot is out of order for an unknown period of time. But could do ~same(preciseness would be as precise as my eye is) with it’s hand would get coordinates out of it.

Back