Best 185/60/13s currently available?

Ordered some Nankang AR-1s about 3 months ago... Supposedly, they'll finally arrive next week. Been dying to put my new wheels on. Was hoping to get it done before the Best of France and Italy show, but way blew that deadline...😭
You will be very happy with them. They work reasonable well also when wet. I noticed a big improvement after moving them from 5.5" wide rims to 6" rims. 5.5" rims are obviously not wide enough for this tire.

You will be very happy with them. They work reasonable well also when wet. I noticed a big improvement after moving them from 5.5" wide rims to 6" rims. 5.5" rims are obviously not wide enough for this tire.
I got them in 175/50 R13... Hopefully they are ok on 5.5"s, cause that's what I have😁

I got them in 175/50 R13... Hopefully they are ok on 5.5"s, cause that's what I have😁
They will work fine. I didn't know they are available in that size so where did you find them in that odd size?. I would like to have wider tires at the rear but the 205/60 13 is a little bit too high. Something like 225/50 13 would be perfect.

You're in luck then! Not that size, but they are available in 235/45 R13.. That's going to want an 8" wheel though! They've been backordered for a few months now, supposed to be unloading a new shipment next week... I'm getting mine heat cycled, well worth it on track/Street tires...
A lot of places out of England had them in stock in 175/50.... Perfect size for a 13" wheeled classic Mini.....

Last edited:
Got my tires today and had them mounted. They are the Exaltos. They feel pretty good on the car, fit well... thanks, everyone!

Off topic: (175/50R13's)

Finally got my AR-1's that I ordered (4 months ago!) Unfortunately I still can't drive it because the supplied lug bolts are too short😠!! Probably need to drop it at least another inch also....
IMG_20211222_161815330_HDR~2.jpg

How much ground clearance do you have under the transmission right now?
Can you really go that much lower?

Back