Best 185/60/13s currently available?

DHL for the win!
By the garage door when I got home from work today.. 😁

7A854794-19E6-4FE5-B334-3E1F539AB10E.jpeg

Placed my order. Thanks to Jim for being the guinea pig!
I can't stand cheap tires and the though of replacing my worn-out-and-now-horrifically-dangerous-in-the-rain Yokohamas with an inferior tire was depressing.
Yokes are tough to turn away from! I had them on my 86 Golf with gti snowflakes in 205/55/14 IIRCC maybe they were 185/55s. Anyway, I loved em! They handled so well!

Well, I went ahead and ordered some ATLAS 185/60-13 off eBay yesterday. Got some feedback from the seller that I could send them back if they don't look decent. For an 850, so not going into turns like I would with an "X"
We will see....... $250 for a set delivered......minimal risk.......

Well, I went ahead and ordered some ATLAS 185/60-13 off eBay yesterday. Got some feedback from the seller that I could send them back if they don't look decent. For an 850, so not going into turns like I would with an "X"
We will see....... $250 for a set delivered......minimal risk.......

Atlas has been around a long time. Usually sold in gas station service bays. You've probably seen their logo and never noticed, usually Chevron stations.

0B660C37-8E31-491D-A9FB-587C71F14EB7.jpeg

Atlas UTQG is 700 so they should last a looong time.
Achilles starting to show up again.
$181.80 shipped 👀

All-seasons suck all season long. :) My daughter's Mini Cooper had a set of Achilles on it when we got it. Horrible. Replaced with Bridgestone RE97s.

All-seasons suck all season long. :) My daughter's Mini Cooper had a set of Achilles on it when we got it. Horrible. Replaced with Bridgestone RE97s.
Yep preaching to the choir..🙂
On par with the Nexen CP491 prior or the Sumitomo before that.

Federals 1 step up.
for the money $45 to your door not so horrible for those just driving around daily.

tires-easy has them back up on the website so looks like a container arrived from Indonesia.
Atlas from Thailand.

Russian rubber for the win

78F60083-A637-40F8-A7D1-4802C07AF2C4.png

Placed my order. Thanks to Jim for being the guinea pig!
I can't stand cheap tires and the though of replacing my worn-out-and-now-horrifically-dangerous-in-the-rain Yokohamas with an inferior tire was depressing.
Ordered good Friday, arrived today. It's amazing considering that shipping was free, it was Easter weekend and they had to go through customs.

Had the Michelin’s installed on the original wheels and went for a drive today. Of course any tire would be better than 27 year old A008s but they were quiet and grippy!

Attachments

• CA1FD82B-DB08-4CF7-BAB8-FFF6822F3500.jpeg
    CA1FD82B-DB08-4CF7-BAB8-FFF6822F3500.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 266
I've been looking at Toyo Proxes CF2s. They are described as more of a touring tire, but they have good reviews. Has anyone tried these on an x?

I've been looking at Toyo Proxes CF2s. They are described as more of a touring tire, but they have good reviews. Has anyone tried these on an x?
Had them for a season when I bought the car with Gran Finale rims.
They worked well on the road if not driving very hard. Good wet grip, soft and silent. However, they do not perform at all on a twisted track.
Good choice if you're looking for comfort. If you are looking for performance, not so much.

Back