Best dustless brake pads?

Huey

True Classic
what are the best brake pads that don’t crud up the wheels? I’m running semi-metallics and my wheels turn brown after every drive.

Generally brake dust and performance seem to be a trade off.
I was told by someone in the premium automotive market that the US und European version of some luxury cars get different brake pads.
US gets low dust and EU gets performance pads (with nasty dust) because the US version wouldn't withstand an panic stop from 155mph on the Autobahn.

For low dust I second the ceramic recommendation. In my opinion they seem to be the best trade off between performance and dust. There are hybrid compounds with ceramic and various performance materials that offer higher performance than regular ceramic pads, but I don't have any specific recommendations (haven't tried any of them yet).

I use the MWB semi-metallics. They're not bad dust wise (the description says Dustless - which is probably correct, could be road grime) The price is real nice too! They don't make any noise, and the braking seems to be quite good with no fade (spirited street driving). I'm happy with them :)

https://www.midwest-bayless.com/Fia...tallic-fiat-124-x19-131-128-scorpion-new.aspx

upload_2019-12-3_17-20-10.png

Back