Best of France and Italy November 6th...

change of plans...

And wont be able to make it due to stuff. This is the 3rd time now since I got back into X's so I am not happy...

B'fast Address

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure to arrived on time, but I forgot your address place, I know how to be there but just in case.. :)

Pancake Breakfast before the show

Everyone,
The pancake breakfast before the BFI show will be at 151006 Oxnard Street in Van Nuys. This is five minutes from the Park.
1) From the 405 Freeway exit Burbank Bl. and go EAST.
2) Turn left ( north) on Sepulveda
3) Right ( east) on Oxnard Street to 15106 Oxnard

Flyer with DIRECTIONS:
BFIflyer.jpg

I will be there at 6:00 am and hope to have two of my guys there to WASH cars for you travelers from Northern California!!
Bob

Breakfast and wash, what a deal!

HI Bob,
Thanks so much for having a breakfast meeting at your shop again before the Best of France and Italy Show. I along with others who came down from NorCal last year had a wonderful time at your place. We left for the show with stomachs full and cars clean. Looking forward to another great visit with you, Tony and the rest of the Socal group.
Dan Yee

Plans change

Hi Tim,
Sorry to hear that you won't be able to join us for the drive down to the Best of France and Italy Show. There is always next year, so let's plan on that. Take care and we'll get together to do a drive locally.
Dan

I am excited to meet everyone, and me and Melinda will be there for the breakfast and the show tomorrow, even though BOTH my Italians will be at home tomorrow..

KFD

Current conditions

Well, I have light rain about 20 miles west, and closer to the ocean, than the park location. Since my family and friends characterize me as crazy, I'll be there in about 1.5 hours. See you brave souls then.

Looks like a muddy good time...

I didn't think it ever rained in LA. Good to see everyone came out and enjoyed the event anyway.

Good times on a muddy field.

Man that was fun on Sunday. A bit on the cold side when you are setting up in the rain :laugh:, but we survived. What an awesome show.

Matt

Some Pics.. yes it was quite muddy. But not to worry I was able to wash it all off when I got home... Very enjoyable day for the Die Hards that dont let a little bad weather get in the way....

DSC09809.jpg

DSC09803.jpg

DSC09802.jpg

DSC09800.jpg

DSC09797.jpg

DSC09796.jpg

DSC09795.jpg

DSC09792.jpg

DSC09791.jpg

DSC09789.jpg

DSC09788.jpg

DSC09785.jpg

DSC09784.jpg

DSC09783.jpg

DSC09782.jpg

DSC09781.jpg

DSC09780.jpg

DSC09779.jpg

DSC09778.jpg

DSC09777.jpg

DSC09776.jpg

DSC09775.jpg

DSC09774.jpg

DSC09773.jpg

DSC09772.jpg

DSC09770.jpg

DSC09767.jpg

DSC09766.jpg

DSC09765.jpg

DSC09764.jpg

DSC09763.jpg

DSC09762.jpg

DSC09761.jpg

DSC09757.jpg

I almost made it!!!

Okay, so i got in the car and made it about 20 miles before i blew a whole in my cam tower cover with a shim!!!

I was driving on the the freeway about 20 mles from home and started to hear a new tick from the engine with new big valve head with SX1 cam. got off the freeway and was about to stop when I herd a pop and then a clunk. Got out to look in theengine bay to see, i hide my cam pulley setting by the dist.:hmm::shock::help:!!!!
The bolt had been sheared off and the cam tower cover had been pushed up in the middle.

I will dig into it sometime this week and see the damage done!!!

More photos

I finally found my camera (buried in the car detailing bag) and uploaded my photos to Photobucket. Probably a lot of repeats of what others have posted, but I figured I share, anyway.

SLIDESHOW

Wonderful Southern Hospitality

Thanks to Tony Natoli, Bob Turchan, George Aspron, Merkel Weiss and the rest of the Socal Fiat guys and gals for making us Norcal guys feel welcome and right at home. Starting with the pancake breakfast and car (rain) wash at Bob's Pride Auto Body with Tony flipping pancakes, Merkel greeting us at the Best of France & Italy Show to George inviting us to drop by his sister's place along our Mulholland Drive to watch the sunset, it was just a great time! I along with others in our Fiat America club look forward to next year's show when we can do it again, rain or shine!

My Yugo did good, going 921 miles in three days without a hitch, if a little slower than the X's, 500s and 124s in our group of 9 cars.
Dan Yee

Dan,

We gotta do the same thing next year. Tony, Bob Turchan, and I wil make sure we have a good venue planned.

Mike

Back