BEST of FRANCE & ITALY (BFI) November 4th

Pancake Breakfast Flyer (corrected)

bfiflyer-page-001_zpsdb075c25.jpg

BFI Forecast:

High 68 deg. F, sunny, wind 5 mph from the S.E.

Tony, just in case I'm wrong, I've got an extra dizzy cap and rotor in the trunk just for you and a couple of big plastic garbage bags to cover the engine bay.

Mike

Its a supercharged k20 with 270 horseys. It eats vipers for breakfast....:shock:

at least 270...Awesome car.

I am hoping to have a whole bunch of personal "crap" done with this month and let me focus on the X some so I can make the trip down to see all you nice SoCal'ers.

Hey, just to be safe

I actually use the plastic garbage bags to cover the engine when I wash the car. Let's hope the forecast holds up. I prefer not to slosh around in the mud again this year.

Mike

I heard a rumor

I heard a rumor that Jay Leno is on the BFI board now, and that the location is being changed and that it will be moved to the spring. Anyone know anything about this?

Really? Let me make a phone call. Fall was always chosen because it was an easier time slot to reserve the park. The only year we had a scheduling mishap was when a dog show beat us to the booking, forcing the show to be on the second Sunday of the month. Spring tends to invite out more activities, so reservations will be tighter. My larger (but positive) concern, that I quietly voice to myself every year, is that we are slowly running out of real estate. Without resorting to packing the cars in like tuna, we're going to hit to those trees to the south and eventually the street. Especially if the ranks grow with a sudden influx of 500's.

Now writing this post just allowed something to click in my brain. This is almost embarrassing to admit. I forgot to mail in my registration form for the show. It's going out today.

Bob,

Great second photo. Looks like it could have been a FIAT dealership in the late 70's. As I recall, MOST of the cars started after the rain.

Mike

Ours wasn't in the lineup because it was still having "carb" issues and we left it on the trailer until we got to BFI. :-(

Runs pretty good now but I'm in the middle of moving my office this week and my buddy JB's mother-in-law moved to Palm Springs this year so we lost our free room and board in NoHo.

Mike...

I am not going to dog-pile on Tony while he is down. there will be plenty of opportunities for that later.
Bob

Just look for all the X's lined up.

Should be a good chance to meet in person. If other unnamed individuals don't screw up, we should have a little BBQ going on also, so come hungry.

Mike

Pancake attendance confirmed

Tony N. tells me he will make the breakfast Sunday, but yield to
Mike for primary Chef duties.
Red-alert, This Saturday Tony is buying back the T-bucket he owned when he was 18 years old. It is owned by a car museum! If the car he built is in a museum, what does that make Tony???? Maybe someone can find the link to the picture of Tony at 18 with his car...
The Fiat America guys should be at breakfast too and I expect a large group. This should tbe the best "Best of Italy" in a few years. See you soon.
IMG_3177.jpg

We should have clear weather and two guys to wash those cars

IMG_8284.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
This Saturday Tony is buying back the T-bucket he owned when he was 18 years old. It is owned by a car museum! If the car he built is in a museum, what does that make Tony???? Maybe someone can find the link to the picture of Tony at 18 with his car..
This one (from this post)?

T_Bkt1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the Tony photo link!!

He sure was purdy.
I hope the T-Bucket is in better shape some 40 years later...
Bob

For anybody who's interested...

This Sunday at Supercar Sunday (in Woodland Hills, not far from Woodley Park) the featured marque is Ferrari. For anybody who's not familiar with this weekly event, it's from 7-10 AM so there's plenty of time to get there early and still get to BFI. I'll be doing both. :dance2:

http://www.supercarsunday.com/

This Sunday at Supercar Sunday (in Woodland Hills, not far from Woodley Park) the featured marque is Ferrari. For anybody who's not familiar with this weekly event, it's from 7-10 AM so there's plenty of time to get there early and still get to BFI. I'll be doing both. :dance2:

http://www.supercarsunday.com/

Thanks Whitey....................Say your going to miss the Breakfast.. Can I have your bacon?:grin:

Back