Best Place for a performance head and cam

duderduderini

True Classic
Hi there
Can i get members experiences/recommendations with the performance heads available on the interweb(ie Ported big valves) for a 1500 x19 block - non 14 bolt version?
I have twin dcnf webers and would really only want to rev it out to 7k max- I intend to use it as a road car and the odd track day.
I am not a big fan of regrinds and baffled by the various billet cams available. Any help suggestions will be appreciated
Thanks

Believe it or not a big valve head is not essential to rpm. A good cam will be the biggest bang for your buck. Exhaust is second.

I have an exhaust from eurosport in the uk - extractors etc
I do think big valves and porting will give power and flow at higher rpm's which is not necessarily good at sane road speeds. Thanks for all your input it is appreciated

Hi there
Can i get members experiences/recommendations with the performance heads available on the interweb(ie Ported big valves) for a 1500 x19 block - non 14 bolt version?
I have twin dcnf webers and would really only want to rev it out to 7k max- I intend to use it as a road car and the odd track day.
I am not a big fan of regrinds and baffled by the various billet cams available. Any help suggestions will be appreciated
Thanks
I have been very happy with my Piper FIAX19BP300 cam as recommended by Guy Croft, very good torque in my 1500 with twin DCOEs, 10.7:1 CR. It's listed as a rally cam, but they also do an Ultimate Road and a Fast Road cams with less duration and lift.

I work with a shop here in Ohio that produces top notch, flowbench verified results. If you really want to move forward with a cylinder head, and not just kicking tires, PM me and I will send you some contact info.

Believe it or not a big valve head is not essential to rpm. A good cam will be the biggest bang for your buck. Exhaust is second.

For the record, and you probably know this, this is statement is valid for the Lampredi SOHC engine and many other engines, but not for all engines in general. There are plenty of engines out there that are under-valved and need larger valves to work well.

Back