BFI 2013 -- Who's Going?

CandBMotorworks

C&BMotorworks
Figured it is time to get started thinking about the Best of France & Italy show. We may be bringing goodies this year...if I can get a trailer to haul them in! Unfortunately, I think most of them are 124 specific.

Bit of an aside -- if you go to google maps and search for 6335 Woodley Ave, Van Nuys, CA and then adjust the map to the right and down a bit, you can see that one of their aerial photos has the car show in it. Unfortunately, when you zoom in it displays a different picture.

Pancake Breakfast is on me...

I am the local guy, ( two businesses within two miles) , so let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Bob

Local guy

I grew up in the SF Valley. I used to go to Woodly park when the model airfield was a dirt strip (1960's). My High School X-Country coach used the Balboa Dam as a turn-around point for training runs. The first time I broke 100 MPH was on Balboa Bl. in my moms' 1970 LeMans. I love Woodly park. Sadly, the BFI is the same weekend as the NYC Marathon every year. I am a motorcycle camera rider for the marathon and cannot miss it. Last year I was in Manhattan on Fri when the event was canceled. All I could think about was how I coulda gone to BFI. Couldn't get a flight home (all the runners were a mass exodus) till Mon. I dream of racing around at my old stomping grounds. Sepulvida, Mulhulland, Kanan, Stunt Road.

It's pretty rude of the BFI folks not to consider my schedule. I mean, don't they realize i'm a very busy guy? It's not like they couldn't just, you know, move the date to a more convenient time for me...

Sheesh.

Yes, those are the roads...

Sepulvida, Mulhulland, Kanan, Stunt Road.
.... It's not like they couldn't just, you know, move the date to a more convenient time for me...

Sheesh.
Those are still great drives. By the way are you shooting the Nike womens marathon October 20th?
Bob in Van Nuys....

Marathon

Nope, not doing the Nike gig. Will be in Chicago for that marathon in October, then doing the fall colors in New England immediately after (30th anniversary).

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

It's just kind a big love fest for everyone and you get to see some great cars and talk to a lot of people.

I'll need to check with Dan Ziol, but we'll probably both get roped into working the grill at Bob's pancake breakfast. Kind of becoming a tradition by now.

We'll need to check with Tommy about Italian sausage & peppers again, Rudy for the grill, Alvon for the potato salad, I'll bring the burgers & brewskis, and maybe Ron Luxmore for the backup grill if he can haul it. We'll need to jump on those picnic tables under the tree again. Made a nice place to hang out last year.

Mike

I discussed it with the wife, and she is willing to go along. If it works out, maybe the AZ guys can meet in Phoenix and caravan out. I will probably tow the X. It would take a lot of nerve to drive all the way out there and back in its current condition.

Last year was my first event, I caravanned with Mark from Allisons Automotive and a half dozen spider guys and a half dozen new 500 folk.

I loved the show and will very much want to go again this year. See you all there

Last edited:
Jose,

Glad we'll finally get to meet you and your father. It's a great time and you'll definitely enjoy it. Just remember when you get introduced to Papa Tony to get on you knees and chant "I'm not worthy".

Mike

Oh I've been there.

I met Papa at last year's BFI. To make a long story short, he wants to now ban me PERMANENTLY from Xweb for being way too young to work on these bundles of joy.

And Mike, I think I missed you by a bit that day. I definitely was checking out Big Byrd that day.

....and seething with envy over Ricardo's Saratoga replica top.

Hey George, Mike, Tony

Since I'm in-xane about italian cars, I would not miss this event. Thanks a bunch for all your camaraderie and Mike is time you bring Cachaca, George and I'll cover the additives. LOL. Well I guess my pix did not work after all.

Back