BFI 2013 -- Who's Going?

With C&B out, is anyone else from AZ going to the show? We will go it alone if necessary, but it would be nice to have a caravan.

Two X19s in So-Cal

Driving to work I took a detour for an errand and saw a fellow X19 owner. He drives his daily like myself. Always attends the BFI too. Here is a picture.

Bob T

Pancakes at 6:30

The turnout looks good for the pancake breakfast before the event and I expect a good crowd Saturday for the tour of the Galpin car collection. Here is a picture of last years breakfast and of the flyer of the event.

Bob T

Not that I need the heartache, but have fun at BFI and post lots of pics and video, please.

I haven't checked, but hope the weather cooperates this year.

Cheryl and I plan on showing up for the breakfast... I wqas hoping to drive my X1/9 but parts issues has me sidelined, so I'll be driving my 500T. Hopefully I still am invited? :)

Rob

BFI was an absolutely perfect day today.

I'll let someone else post pix as mine are either cars or everyone eating.

As usual, Bob Turchan was an excellent host for breakfast at his shop on Oxnard Ave. I always marvel at how well organized and CLEAN it is. Papa Tony, Dan Ziol, and I worked the grill (I did for a while but ended up doing the coffee runs). Tony made up name tags which made it easier to get to know some new SoCal folks and the large contingent from the Bay Area with their fearless leader, Dan Yee.

Over at Woodley Park, there was a great turnout. I finally got to meet Jose Quinto (AddictedPunk) and his father Cesar. We're looking forward to Jose organizing a group event with a drive along Angeles Crest Hwy. all the way out to Mt. Wilson one of these days soon. Jose, that's what you get for volunteering. John & Theresa (AZDrifter) made it all the way from southeast AZ, near Douglas and I think they were impressed with the cars at the show and our Southern Hospitality. They're great people and I hope they can join us again in the future. Other regulars included George/Cozzoi, Ricardo, Julio (Bertone9), Terry & Jerred Cooper, Tommy & Nancy Mastracchio, Dan Ziol, Mark Allison, and a bunch of others my early Alzheimer's prevents me from remembering at the moment. Papa Tony was in his usual form holding court so everyone could kneel and chant, "I'm not worthy" in front of him.

Bob Turchan also saved the day by providing a portable gas grill which proved indispensable in heating up the Italian sausage & peppers Tommy made and the baked rigatoni I made. I guess the chow wasn't too bad as there were only a couple of almost empty bags of chips when everything was over.

George and his Martini racer X won "Best Italian Investment" award, which was well deserved. We may be looking for some volunteers in the near future (along with Tony, Tommy, and me) to help George swap engines in his X. Similar for Tommy as he recently picked up his 124 engine from Mark Allison after having it beautifully rebuilt.

I could keep blithering on, but I'm too tired. It was a wonderful day with great cars, camaraderie, and comida (food). We FIAT owners sure have an edge on the rest of the world. We know how to have fun!!!!!!

Mike

Back